Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting  (Read 5895 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« on: December 08, 2005, 11:02:17 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12082005

A bit meh, this one. Liked the way the cat holds the pen against his lips, it's disturbingly coy for a mass murderer. Do you think Onstad draws the strip in Flash? Those lines look like Flash to me, which would explain why they run a bit awkward around difficult parts like fingers, for instance. I look at the drawings, I think: Not. Enough. Love.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 12:27:20 pm »

hmm.
I look at achewood so that it will make me a little happy in the morning before school.
today, I think this test is telling me that I will fail my latin test, because I didn't stay up all night doing coke.

I think we should institute a "reading the achewood" policy-- when making any major decision, you open a random achewood comic and see what it tells you about your situation. it's an omen.

Yeah, so, I was going to delete this, but I think it's comedy gold. this is what happens when you try to be funny at 7:26.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 12:58:25 pm »

Quote from: "theinevitable"
.

I think we should institute a "reading the achewood" policy-- when making any major decision, you open a random achewood comic and see what it tells you about your situation. it's an omen.



I like this idea.  Like the I Ching - it can't be any harder to interpret.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 02:43:31 pm »

I think this strip tell me my jazz final will not bode well.  I was listening to Bitches' Brew while I read it.  That just made it weird.  (and I guess that's all one can expect from Nice Pete?)

Good luck all you other students!  If you feel failure approaching, imagine how much worse it would be if you acted on your not so deeply seated desires and punched your professor in the face for making a test covering Smooth Jazz have an effect on your GPA.  It could be that much more suck!  Or cathartic, depending.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 02:51:43 pm »

Based on the last panel I guess that Beef works at KMPA now.

Ah, Sam Kineson. If anybody was going to be Al Bundy's guardian angel you knew it would be him.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 02:55:51 pm »

Meh.. would've been better as an animation with sound and whatnot.  The voice I have for Nice Pete doesn't work with the screamy OOOoOoooo comic. I mean I know once he just screamed for a solid 8 seconds, but I took that to be just completely insensible OOoooorgh'ing.

I dunno man.. I just. don't. know.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 03:26:32 pm »

I am strangely entranced by this side view of Nice Pete's face. I mean... whoa. It almost reminds me of Krazy Kat in a way I can't quite articulate.

The pen-in-mouth is also good. Really, the strip itself I don't care that much about here, but it's an excellent excuse for Onstad to draw a lot of interesting Nice Pete faces and mannerisms.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 03:53:35 pm »

Quote from: "Beatrice"
I think this strip tell me my jazz final will not bode well.  I was listening to Bitches' Brew while I read it.  That just made it weird.  (and I guess that's all one can expect from Nice Pete?)

Good luck all you other students!  If you feel failure approaching, imagine how much worse it would be if you acted on your not so deeply seated desires and punched your professor in the face for making a test covering Smooth Jazz have an effect on your GPA.  It could be that much more suck!  Or cathartic, depending.


The fuck is a Jazz final.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 04:46:00 pm »

Quote from: "Beatrice"
Good luck all you other students!  If you feel failure approaching, imagine how much worse it would be if you acted on your not so deeply seated desires and punched your professor in the face for making a test covering Smooth Jazz have an effect on your GPA.  It could be that much more suck!  Or cathartic, depending.


Smooth Jazz class? You do realize you're in Elective Heaven. A class that encourages you to relax with a drink or two and enjoy a nice, soothing sax arrangement of your favorite 90's pop song, or Bacharach standard. The test is probably like, "did you hear that one part of that selection, there? Did it remind you of your childhood in a subtle, vaguely sensual way? Reflect on this while the professor serves the class chilled martinis and plays the sax for you."
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 04:49:30 pm »

Bitches Brew is NOT "smooth jazz" beyotch!

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 04:58:11 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Based on the last panel I guess that Beef works at KMPA now.


NAILED IT. *bang!*

The FACT!...FACT!...FACT!... thing is perfect for Nice Pete. I guess because he is a serial killer I should not feel bad for him that he was dissed by a radio station. But he worked so hard!
Logged
I am older now.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 05:27:23 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Bitches Brew is NOT "smooth jazz" beyotch!


Yeah, for serious.  I would fail you on a jazz final for that, personally.  Mostly cause I'd rather be doing the kind of studying that involves listening to Miles Davis rather than the kind that involves rereading the Republic.
Logged
goose means greedy

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 06:08:22 pm »

The funniest for me was seeing Mr. Cropes strangling *air* as he immersed himself in the role he was playing, during his FACT! FACT! FACT! outburst.  *Assertion*, my friends, that's how you do it. Too bad he wasn't trying for a role where he could actually be seen.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 06:24:14 pm »

More like, good thing he wasn't trying for a role where he could actually be seen. He was fugued-out in his psychotic interperetation. Dude needs to go jogging or something.

Fact! Bitch's Brew is not smooth jazz.
Fact! Ken Burns' jazz collections sometimes show a bias to bebop!
Fact! *clutching air and sweating* THE BLUE NOTE IS WHEN THE SAXAPHONE MAN'S SOUL TURNS TO NIGHT!

 Now the test will be aced!
Logged
I am older now.

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
08-12-2005 No this isn't Tim from accounting
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 06:26:21 pm »

Quote from: "Beatrice"
I think this strip tell me my jazz final will not bode well.  I was listening to Bitches' Brew while I read it.  That just made it weird.  (and I guess that's all one can expect from Nice Pete?)

Good luck all you other students!  If you feel failure approaching, imagine how much worse it would be if you acted on your not so deeply seated desires and punched your professor in the face for making a test covering Smooth Jazz have an effect on your GPA.  It could be that much more suck!  Or cathartic, depending.


I think my jazz professor respected himself more than that when I took my jazz history class.

I can't tell if kenny G is actually worse than a business law final where the professor says, "There are some real motherfuckers on this one."  No, Kenny G is worse.  That fuck*ng pantywaist.
Logged
R U Passionate??
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up