Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: StumbleUpon  (Read 2363 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
StumbleUpon
« on: December 09, 2005, 02:17:21 pm »

Anyone using it? It's great: http://stumbleupon.com.

It's both a toolbar for your browser and a personal page, where you can display your fave pics and websites. As you go surfing and tagging your favorite stuff  into appropriate categories, you help creating a database that feeds this little button on your browser. Whenever you click it, it fetches and displays a fresh website from said database, according to your subjects of interest. Kinda like zapping through infinite TV channels.

My page there is http://yu-huang.stumbleupon.com (my last entry there was actually stolen from the Achewood Forum - Beatrice's post about the Poe Toaster).
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
StumbleUpon
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 05:47:29 pm »

Yeah, I get a few hundred hits a month from people submitting my sites to Stumbleupon.  I guess it's nice to be listed, but really, I have a hard enough time keeping up with links people post here (and at Waxy.org) so I don't see the need to have more random shit showing up in my browser.  Especially since when I'm not doing work I'm not getting paid.

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
StumbleUpon
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 06:29:55 pm »

You so hardcore on your internet, dude. You shoot your gun and your internet be dancing. Internet be all etc.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
StumbleUpon
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 06:42:21 pm »

Yes, I like how it shows me nice things for to look at, but I got a little weirded out by it when I started getting "reviewed"
http://an-daluci-a.stumbleupon.com/
Logged
goose means greedy

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
StumbleUpon
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 01:30:06 pm »

I used that for a little bit but I just didn't really like the sites that other people liked. I guess I'm an old stick in the mud, to set in my ways to change, not having any truck with your new fangled 'eljays' or MySpace pages.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up