Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this really Onstad?  (Read 24296 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2003, 05:03:31 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I have a tendancy to base what I think people look like on their avatars.  Not that I think Slink looks like his avatar, whatever the hell that is, or that AlohaDawg is a dancing monkey, but rather that there are categories of people in my head that correspond to categories of avatars.  Goofy avatars, geeky avatars, cutesy avatars, etc.  Beyond that, how I picture people is really sort of inexplicable.


But JL, you don't look like a 50s housewife, even if your avatar does.

I've also been trying to decide if my avatar is:

a) Goofy
b) Geeky
c) Cutesy, or
d) Etc.

Maybe someone should start a poll...

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2003, 06:37:21 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"

As for Slink, I always pictured him as slim and tall, with sandy brown hair, fair skin, and blue eyes.


Well, OK... I'm tall (6'4"), thin (I weight about 10 and a half stone, which I think is about 140lbs, but I'm not sure of that), purple hair, fairly pale (almost anaemic), and indeed blue/grey eyes. Oh and I've got a great nose! It's the only feature I'm happy with...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2003, 06:43:12 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

But JL, you don't look like a 50s housewife, even if your avatar does.

I've also been trying to decide if my avatar is:

a) Goofy
b) Geeky
c) Cutesy, or
d) Etc.

Maybe someone should start a poll...


e) Devastatingly Handsome.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2003, 07:06:26 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"

I've also been trying to decide if my avatar is:

a) Goofy
b) Geeky
c) Cutesy, or
d) Etc.

Maybe someone should start a poll...


e) Devastatingly Handsome.


I'd reckon slightly goofy 'cause of the smile, but then I think most kids look goofy. They're not my favourite thing.
I can see how you wouldn't turn out looking all Quasimodo though.

Oh, and the suit makes it!! How old were you in said picture!?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2003, 07:18:44 pm »

I was 25 when that picture was taken.  I just look really young. ;)

This is one of my favourites, too, from a year later, when I was six and a half:



And one more, of me jamming on my little guitar when I was three:



And then thirteen years later:



Note the thick-framed 80s glasses in that last one.  And the "devil's lock" of hair.  Yikes!

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2003, 07:21:28 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

Note the thick-framed 80s glasses in that last one.  And the "devil's lock" of hair.  Yikes!


Plus the scarily 80's gueetar! Good to see you lost the bowlcut over the years - acceptable to kids, not beyond, unless you're like, in a Beetles revival band or some shit. And well, even then that's not all that acceptable.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2003, 07:45:02 pm »

6'4 and 147 pounds??

Slink, hold on while I upload you some butter-and-suet sandwiches...You gotta get some weight on before Sally Struthers starts showing up at your house.  No one wants that.

Groovy purple hair, though! I'd say I wanted to see a pic 'ceptin that would sound kind of like I like you which I do but not "like you" like you if you know what I mean and

never mind.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2003, 08:12:37 pm »

SLINK I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PICTURE

AND I MEAN THAT IN A WAY THAT IS NOT GAY

BECAUSE I AM A LADY

Sheesh, do I have to do everything for you people?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2003, 08:26:20 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
SLINK I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PICTURE

AND I MEAN THAT IN A WAY THAT IS NOT GAY

BECAUSE I AM A LADY

Sheesh, do I have to do everything for you people?


Sheesh, OK, just for you peeps (ugh I hate photos!).
These are old though, I have no moe recent pictures. I look a whole lot better now!! And my hair doesn't come out quite as purple as it is in that picture.


and in the vain of the guitar posts



I promise you all, for my sake, and how bad I look in those pictures, if I get round to getting new pics done I will post one at some point. Since I will have short hair from, well, I would have by now but my car died and I'm waiting to sort something out so I can go get it all torn off!!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2003, 08:37:50 pm »

Whee!  Thank you Slink!  I didn't think you'd really do it!  What a sexy thing you are!  

Who's next?  AlohaDawg?  Asherdan?  Nabu?  Beuller?  Beuller?  Beuller?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2003, 08:39:14 pm »

Slink looks pretty much exactly as I pictured him, but without the cigarette holder and monacle.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2003, 08:48:51 pm »

Me at Fletcher's in Bawlmer for 2001: A Punk Odyssey with Mary Prankster.

And me in front of the Leesburg, VA courthouse for International Achewood Day.

[edit: I had the links backwards.]
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2003, 09:03:52 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Slink looks pretty much exactly as I pictured him, but without the cigarette holder and monacle.


Cigarette Holder? Monacle? That would detract from my lovely eyes and probably take out half the necessary nicotine. I'm not sure Marlboro really work in Holders, not classy enough and all.

Quote from: "jldunston"
Whee! Thank you Slink! I didn't think you'd really do it! What a sexy thing you are!


Bah, if only! But thankyou! Kind of takes some of the terror out of posting my mug in public! Hell I tend to wear surgical masks when I go out in public afterall... well, not really, but i'd consider it if it wouldn't get me more attention than I get anyway.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2003, 09:05:38 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Me at Fletcher's in Bawlmer for 2001: A Punk Odyssey with Mary Prankster.


Dude, seriously scary arms!!!! I think I'll have nightmares of contortionism tonight.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2003, 09:11:29 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
.  Although I have a tendancy to base what I think people look like on their avatars.  Not that I think Slink looks like his avatar, whatever the hell that is, or that AlohaDawg is a dancing monkey, but rather that there are categories of people in my head that correspond to categories of avatars.  Goofy avatars, geeky avatars, cutesy avatars, etc.  Beyond that, how I picture people is really sort of inexplicable.


I would like to assert that I look nothing like my avatar, although I may very possibly look goofy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up