Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Richard Pyror  (Read 1593 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
RIP Richard Pyror
« on: December 11, 2005, 02:41:05 am »

One of the funniest, if not the funniest, people of our time has gone.

He had my eternal gratitude for co-writing Blazing Saddles.  But he did so much more, from his standup, to his work on SNL, to his great buddy movies with Gene Wilder.

I hope you're getting some pussy in heaven, Richard.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
RIP Richard Pyror
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 07:21:36 am »

It's weird, because I saw him on TV the other night and he looked horrible.  I thought that it was amazing he was still alive.  Rest in peace.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
RIP Richard Pyror
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 09:25:56 pm »

Words can not express how fearless he was.

At least he was appreciated in the second chance he got at life.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
RIP Richard Pyror
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 10:21:58 pm »

Fucker set himself on fire while freebasing cocaine, AND WORKED IT INTO HIS COMEDY ACT.

Now THAT'S genius right there.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
RIP Richard Pyror
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 10:47:08 pm »

He co-wrote blazing saddles? Damn I never knew that.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
RIP Richard Pyror
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 12:06:57 am »

I'm smokin' rocks out of a lightbulb for him right now.

Not really, but he was a charlatan and a hero, and neither side would've been as good without the other.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Schkura

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Richard Pyror
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 03:07:32 pm »

"When I was in Africa, this voice came to me and said, "Richard, what do you see?" I said, I see all types of people." The voice said, "But do you see any niggers?" I said, "No." It said, "Do you know why? 'Cause there aren't any."
                                                                         -Richard Pryor
                                                                         Live on the Sunset Strip

He's been missed for a lot longer than a week now.  Rest in Peace, my man.  Anyone remember his last movie?

Lost Highway  ;)
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up