Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Nevermind.  (Read 7944 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Nevermind.
« on: December 12, 2005, 04:11:43 am »

Just forget I said anything.  I'll be sneaking out inconspicuously now.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Nevermind.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 04:17:30 am »

Curiosity: officially piqued.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Nevermind.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 04:24:00 am »

With the lights out it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My Libido
Yay, a denial
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Nevermind.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 04:31:58 am »

Welcome to the non-sequitur thread, where logical derivations have no place and your skills of deduction are USELESS!

On that note, today I roasted a turkey.  I consider this my official entry into adulthood.  Any food that weighs more than 10 pounds is SERIOUS BUSINESS.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Nevermind.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 05:48:15 am »

I roasted a turkey two weeks ago and I'm gonna do another in two weeks.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Nevermind.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 09:56:38 am »

Pronunciation Very Serious Business!

Which reminds me, Mr. Miyagi died and I only just heard about it. What the hell man?

EDITED to minimize repition.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Nevermind.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 11:17:33 am »

You know, for my money you cannot get enough pictures of the President's colon.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Nevermind.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 10:44:58 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
You know, for my money you cannot get enough pictures of the President's colon.

I once saw pictures of the inside of Denny Crum's colon- I was working at a gastroenterology associates office, and had been sent into the stacks (inactive files, kept in an entirely different office, with no supervision) to purge the really inactive ones. Mr. Crum's came up. I really wanted to steal the pictures, but I was a good little drone and threw them in the bag to get shredded.
Later, it turned out that my boss had misread the state medical requirements; we're supposed to hang on to records for FIVE years after the last visit, not just three! Ooooops!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Nevermind.
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 11:02:37 pm »

Should I leave this open?  I haven't moderated anything in ever-so-long...
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Nevermind.
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 11:06:23 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Should I leave this open?  I haven't moderated anything in ever-so-long...

Am I the only person who actually forgets which fora I mod?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Nevermind.
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 12:33:53 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Am I the only person who actually forgets which fora I mod?


So do I, except when I accidentally hit "edit" instead of "quote" on someone else's post and and relieved when I realize it in time not to do any damage.

Hmm, don't we moderate the same ones, now that I think of it?  Geez, all hell must be breaking loose somewhere.

Edit:  Oh, just one of the same. Well, how much trouble can people make with "Sport, Food, Drink, Sex, Games, and Leisure"?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Nevermind.
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 01:37:10 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
You know, for my money you cannot get enough pictures of the President's colon.

I once saw pictures of the inside of Denny Crum's colon- I was working at a gastroenterology associates office, and had been sent into the stacks (inactive files, kept in an entirely different office, with no supervision) to purge the really inactive ones. Mr. Crum's came up. I really wanted to steal the pictures, but I was a good little drone and threw them in the bag to get shredded.
Later, it turned out that my boss had misread the state medical requirements; we're supposed to hang on to records for FIVE years after the last visit, not just three! Ooooops!


Here's my Denny Crum story:

In 1988, on the first day of law school, me and three other guys go to the Taco Bell by campus for lunch between classes.  Who should walk in but Denny and three players and sit down at the table next to us.

Similar story -- about 18 months ago I was in my favorite hole in the wall Chinese buffet in Frankfort.  I'm standing in line to pay my bill when someone walks in behind me.  I turn around and it's Joe B. Hall.  I shook his hand and told him to make sure to try the Hot and Sour soup because it's legendary.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Nevermind.
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 01:38:07 am »

Obligatory non-sequitur:

Hebrew National hot dogs are the platonic ideal of hot dogs.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Nevermind.
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 01:39:47 am »

Dude, that's because Hebrew National answers to a higher power. It's right on the wrappers.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Nevermind.
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 07:09:16 am »

Those Heeb dogs don't even have natural casings!

Hot dogs suck without natural casings, dogg.

Once you have real casing deli all-beef dogs, fried so they're crispy on the outside, you'll never go back to boiled fake casing mutants.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up