Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My dream date with Onstad  (Read 1539 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
My dream date with Onstad
« on: December 12, 2005, 01:46:32 pm »

So, um, yeah.  I dreamed last night that I won some sort of "Dinner with the Stars" thing and so I was going to eat with Onstad.  We were supposed to go to the York Fair (http://www.yorkfair.org/ -- my family goes every year) but then we ended up going to his house, which was right at the fair the way a beach house is right by the boardwalk.

He showed me around his house, which was very nice if a tad labyrinthine.  Onstad himself was nondescript in that dream-person sort of way, but he was several inches shorter than me. I noticed this because he had wine glasses and stuff hanging from the ceiling in his kitchen and they were all hung so low that I had to duck to walk under them.

He cooked dinner, but he kept dishing out plates of really delicious-looking food (I particularly remember some red-beans-and-rice stuff that smelled great) and then laying them out on tables in other rooms but never offering me any (and I was too polite to take without being offered).

We ended up around a big round table with a lot of people I didn't know.  Everyone was having very interesting conversation and eating cake for dessert (but I wasn't eating any because I hadn't had any dinner and, again, too polite to ask for some).

Suddenly I had to go out to my car to get a diaper for my daughter (who was, in real life, sleeping with me and didn't have a diaper on, so I was subconscioudly anxious about getting peed on).  When I got out to where my car was, it had been stolen, which upset me so much that I woke myself up.

 :lol:
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
My dream date with Onstad
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 04:09:13 pm »

Awesome.

I think there was a "My Dinner with Onstad" thread a year or so ago, but I am far too lazy to Jstr it to find out.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
My dream date with Onstad
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 04:14:40 pm »

Actually it was more recent even than a year ago.

Just sayin...
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
My dream date with Onstad
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 05:41:23 pm »

We also had a dream thread, but this isn't a 'Date with Onstad' or a 'dream' thread, it's a 'Dream Date with Onstad' thread.

Carry On Beaner.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
My dream date with Onstad
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 09:26:53 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Actually it was more recent even than a year ago.


Nah, the one I'm thinking of is from a year and a half ago or so, and was about what you'd do if you met Chris Onstad.  I think the general concensus was "who the hell wants to meet chris onstad?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up