Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In Absentia 1 Sept 03  (Read 1655 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
In Absentia 1 Sept 03
« on: September 01, 2003, 03:57:21 am »

To my minions;

Lest anyone think me inattentive [cough]jough[/cough], I wanted to let y'all know that I'll be in bed all day tomorrow.  Wednesday, it so happens, is Pedro's birthday, and all the sweet man requested was a whole day -- 24 hours -- in bed.  Hence, we'll be tucking ourselves in about five minutes from now, and I'll only be getting up long enough to cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner tomorrow.  And, presumably, we will both pee at some point.  But that's it.  Therefore, y'all are on your own.  Happy Labor Day and such.  

Your ever-faithful Den Mum,

 -- JLD

P.S.  You can bet there will be plenty of this goin' on:

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
In Absentia 1 Sept 03
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 04:15:36 am »

Knew there was something better I could have chosen on the slashdot poll...

I'll avoid the obvious puns relating to tomorrows activities.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
In Absentia 1 Sept 03
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 06:51:59 am »

Happy Birthday Pedro.

Go get 'im, JL.

Yes, it is wise to avoid "labor" puns on this board.  Or any puns at all.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
In Absentia 1 Sept 03
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 09:55:33 am »

Now that's a labor day I could deal with. I think I'll be trimming trees and stuff.  That sucks.

Have fun. Stick the dismount, the judges are watching.  Don't sprain anything, Pedro.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up