Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to Florida  (Read 2781 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Moving to Florida
« on: December 14, 2005, 05:49:46 pm »

Do we have any Achewoodians in Miami?  'Cos i'm coming your way.  It's not completely a done deal yet, but it looks l'll be moving to Florida after the first of the year.

I'm both terrified and excited at the same time.  Terrified because i've never lived away from my family before.  I'll be totally on my own for the first time in my life.  It's new people, new position, new city, new responsibilities, all at the same time.  But I'm also excited because it's a better position with considerably more money.  It's a better job with more responsibility and i'll be in a position to learn new things.  Best of all i'll never have to see this sorry fucker ever again.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Moving to Florida
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 06:10:37 pm »

Holy shit!  That picture frightens me!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Moving to Florida
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 06:20:12 pm »

That dude has a disturbing level of Mulletude.

However, I think you will find a lot of dudes who look like that in Florida. At least, I assume so from watching 'Cops'.

Congrats, though! Florida is on my approved list for new job opportunities too.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Moving to Florida
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 06:38:28 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
That dude has a disturbing level of Mulletude.

However, I think you will find a lot of dudes who look like that in Florida. At least, I assume so from watching 'Cops'.

Congrats, though! Florida is on my approved list for new job opportunities too.

The mullet I don't mind (too much), it's the fuck*ng asshole part I won't miss.

I've always wanted to go to Florida to watch spring training.  Maybe now i'll get to do that.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Moving to Florida
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 06:45:04 pm »

Congrats on the new locale and position. But dang, I was hoping we would one day go to the same concert in Houston or something and I'd see the righteous 'stache in person. I'm playing Super Happy Fun Land on the 12th of January, if you come I'll dedicate several songs your way, including one about life changes (it will be appropriate to your situation).
Logged
I am older now.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Moving to Florida
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 06:46:56 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
The mullet I don't mind (too much), it's the fuck*ng asshole part I won't miss.


Yeah, the mullet alone is merely funny.  But the dude looks menacing.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Moving to Florida
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 06:49:36 pm »

Quote from: "antioch"
Congrats on the new locale and position. But dang, I was hoping we would one day go to the same concert in Houston or something and I'd see the righteous 'stache in person. I'm playing Super Happy Fun Land on the 12th of January, if you come I'll dedicate several songs your way, including one about life changes (it will be appropriate to your situation).

Dammit, I live about 1/2 mile from SHFL, but i'll be gone by January 12.  That's two days before my birthday btw.  You'll just have to come hang out before then.  Come to the HACK NYE party at Kennywould.  I'll PM you.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Moving to Florida
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 07:09:18 pm »

I should be down for that party, let me know the day and location and I'll deffinitely try and make it.

 1/2 mile from SHFL, it must've ruled! I hope you find some points of cultural interest in Miami. I know of a couple bands from Florida (This Bike is a Pipe Bomb - folk/punk, Yip Yip - new wavey noiseyness), and a label (No Idea Records - Against Me!'s label), but am not too familiar with specific Miami happenings.
Logged
I am older now.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Florida
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 09:47:53 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Best of all i'll never have to see this sorry fucker ever again.

~Paul


Oh, my god, wasn't he the second guitarist for .38 Special?  

Good luck and godspeed with the move and job!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Florida
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 09:54:52 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Best of all i'll never have to see this sorry fucker ever again.

So is that guy just too much of a wuss to go for the full Lemmy beard or what? Does he just not have The Balls? </Stephen Colbert>
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Moving to Florida
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 09:56:17 pm »

Did I mention that it's a wig?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Moving to Florida
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 10:01:08 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Did I mention that it's a wig?

~Paul


Oh, he was he like a movie extra and got to keep it?
Cause otherwise... WHAT!?

Seriously though, congrats on the move. Promise me on your last day you'll light up the car on the way out of there...
Or not get arrested I guess, your call.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Moving to Florida
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 10:36:25 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
wig?


Please let that be a lie, I don't want to live in that world.

Congrats on the move by the way, it's always fun to up sticks and try somewhere new.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Moving to Florida
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 11:29:04 pm »

We can't wait to see the moustaches you find in Florida.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Moving to Florida
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 06:53:47 am »

Of course it's a wig. Just look at it. It's downright Davy Crockettesque.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up