Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Respectful Awareness of Diabetes - 12/14/2006  (Read 7657 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
A Respectful Awareness of Diabetes - 12/14/2006
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 10:11:38 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I thought those panels were the throwaway joke.

V, don't forget that Philippe is in therapy for something. So there's more to him than just being 5.

Well, I think this gets back to the Achewood Hypertime thing. Philippe clearly used to be a retarded adult in therapy for something at the beginning of the strip... but in the beginning of the strip, the Underground didn't exist, the alive stuffed animals couldn't get pizza, and Ray had an owner. In the current version of the universe, Philippe appears to just be 5, although he may be in therapy for his many traumas.

(Speaking of which: is Franky dead yet? I sorta lost track.)
Logged

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
A Respectful Awareness of Diabetes - 12/14/2006
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 11:05:24 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
The only way it could have been better is if it had been prefaced with "ker-" or "ka-." ker-DELETE!


Bless.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
A Respectful Awareness of Diabetes - 12/14/2006
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 11:50:40 pm »

Of course Ray always wondered if there would ever come a day when he'd be writing to Readers Digest.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
A Respectful Awareness of Diabetes - 12/14/2006
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2005, 11:58:07 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"


(Speaking of which: is Franky dead yet? I sorta lost track.)


Franky is not dead yet, nor has he gone to Hollywood.  Prediction: Lyle eats him in an alfredo pasta dish.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
A Respectful Awareness of Diabetes - 12/14/2006
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 03:22:57 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I thought those panels were the throwaway joke.


I wish I had seen this faster so I could beat Cort to the punch. Yes I learned it from bill watterson.

this strip is funny. I like the idea of Tough Customer Ham Pockets.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
A Respectful Awareness of Diabetes - 12/14/2006
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 02:41:42 pm »

I think I permanently like Tough Customer Ham Pockets and I've never even tasted one.  That is how great this cartoon about talking cats is: It has made me permanently like a fictional foodstuff.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
A Respectful Awareness of Diabetes - 12/14/2006
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 10:38:30 pm »

Interestingly enough this past Saturday while I was out Santa-ing with my Santa friends we had a Santa gorilla.  He was supposed to be handing out banannas to the children and lecturing them about the dangers of type II diabetes from eating too many sweets, but he was too preocupied with getting drunk so I did it.  Earlier in the evening, independantly of the other Santas I gave oranges away to the children.  At one point I  was surrounded.  I thought I was going down like Gulliver.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
A Respectful Awareness of Diabetes - 12/14/2006
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2005, 10:42:28 pm »

I've said it once before, and I'll say it again: Paul runs in weird circles, man.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
A Respectful Awareness of Diabetes - 12/14/2006
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 02:55:52 pm »

Yeah, but I think Paul has approximately 80% more fun than I do.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
A Respectful Awareness of Diabetes - 12/14/2006
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 03:35:45 pm »

Damn, Paul.  I'm not usually a fan of Christmas but I might have to run with the inspiration from your gorilla-diabetes-fire-hot chicks-moustaches style and totally OWN Xmas in Ohio.  You, sir, know how to rock it and you have shown me the light.

That post was my Christmas Miracle.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up