Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?  (Read 43296 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« on: December 12, 2005, 04:21:46 am »

WARNING- IF YOU HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR ME, AND WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IT, PLEASE STOP READING NOW. THIS WILL ONLY HURT YOU.


New question-
As you might be aware, humans evolved from apes. We lost our tails, our kickass grabby toes, and most of us lost our thick, luxuriant pelts.
Most of us.
Some of us are a bit less evolved than others. Some of us have managed to grow unsightly back-hair. And not just the bottom of the back-hair; I'm talking the wings. I believe, that with surgical strikes, I can isolate and prevent these still-light patches from become a Carl-level event.
So, I put it to you, TOUAMB- how does one go about getting their back waxed?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 04:27:05 am »

This might just be me talkin', as a guy with only a slight amount of back hair, but I don't think any level of back hair could force me into waxing it - women are far braver than I when it comes to yanking a wide swath of hair off of their bodies.  In my opinion, I'd Nair it first.  If that shit works HALF as good in real life as it does on TV, you're home free.

If you must get it waxed, call a spa.  Tell them about the, ah, situation, and I'm sure that if they don't up and volunteer, they'd be able to point you somewhere - those guys are straight up HELPFUL.

Also, act like you do it all the time.  I think they have a special level of pain for first-timers.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 07:36:08 am »

Waxing? Dude. Whatever you do, don't bother with waxing. Why? It's temporary, and you'll have to go back in a couple-few of months. From what I've heard.

I don't grow hair; not even a full beard. I'm lucky to have a goatee, based on my geneology.

Open a special bank account, beg and plead for money for your "first home" from friends and family -- I know that electrolysis (sp?) is the way to go. ESPECIALLY for back, stomach, knuckle, or lung hair. Even if it's not permanent (apparently, it 'only' lasts like several years), it's way more cost-effective than anything like waxing or Nair or Nads (which, though ridiculously named, is basically at-home waxing).

Plus, it don't hurt like ripping off your nipple.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 03:32:26 pm »

Quit being so vain and accept your hairiness.  Be down with your hirsute self.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 04:17:22 pm »

Yes, shit. Damn. Yes.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 05:13:11 pm »

After considering this question deeply, I feel that we need a picture of said back hair in order to properly evaluate whether it needs to be painfully eliminated.   But in general...  I don't think a guy should look like a naked mole rat, but he shouldn't look like a gorilla either.  

Don't you live in NYC?  There must surely be several hundred spas within walking distance that would wax any part of you.  Forget the Nair because you probably can't reach your back well enough to do it effectively and seriously- it does work that well so God only knows what is in the stuff.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 05:17:34 pm »

I have a small patch between my shoulder blades. Being double jointed I can shave it myself but that almost makes things worse so I've decided to be "natural." Like hippies, some feminists, and the occasional fetish porno site.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 05:31:03 pm »

Oh Bozack, if my SO even showed the remotest interest in waxing his back I'd be all up on him with a deluxe spa gift certificate.  But he is not.  And I applaud you for your grooming.

If you want to wax, go and wax!  There are many co-ed and man spa's in NYC that will do the job for you very nicely.  I happen to have the catalogue for the best spa in my local here with me, and they charge $35 and up for a back and shoulder wax.  Waxing is very good for the out of the way hairs because it weakens the root so that over time the hair will be thinner, and some may not come back at all.  

Also, do not try the at home kits.  Do. Not.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 12:31:50 am »

I have a follicle-enhanced back area as well, and personally I stopped worrying about it 'cause no one who I care about cares.  Doesn't matter what anyone else says.  Anyway:

Shaving is obviously The Wrong Thing.  Nair or other depilatories would be an ok solution if you're adept at putting it on (or have a friend-with-benefits to do it).  Waxing would work for longer periods, but costs money and hurts bad, and if I'm going to pay to hurt it had better result in something more valuable than a hair-free back.

Personally, if it were me and I had to get rid of the hair I would save up for electrolysis or laser treatment.  It costs less than waxing in the long run*, requires less hassle, and doesn't result in stubble (which is the worst part about temporary hair removal).

*Supposition.  I have no idea how much any of this costs, but I have heard that waxing needs to be repeated every 3 weeks or so, which amounts to 17-18 times annually.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 12:41:30 am »

Because you asked.

GAZE UPON MY SECRET SHAME.

Oh, Bozack, you might say, that isn't that bad!

ISN'T IT? ISN'T IT? WHY'D YOU HAVE TO SELL YOUR EYES?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 01:11:32 am »

This is officially Not A Problem anymore.  Your back hair is well within acceptable societal limits, as it does not peek out of your shirts, and you're still able to see skin through it.

If it still bothers you, then refer to all the knowledgeable posts above me.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

V-Adore

  • Guest
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 01:15:30 am »

Man, seriously. I have known guys with way worse back-hair problems than that, let alone things like backne. I wouldn't bother to mess with it unless you have some sort of ladyfriend who objects really strenuously.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 01:24:02 am »

See, I told you.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 01:39:46 am »

Just wait -- you'll wish your back was the only place you had unwanted hair!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 01:51:08 am »

I'm just afraid that those patches are the opening vanguard for an all-out assault, bent on turning me into my father, a man so hairy that I was convinced, as a child, that he was actually a werewolf. As that annoying guy on that show I hated as a kid would say, we've got to NIP IT in the BUD!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up