Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?  (Read 43328 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 02:22:06 am »

There is going to be a time in your life where you really don't care about the hair on your back. Given the inevitablity of it, why not stop caring now?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 02:31:26 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I'm just afraid that those patches are the opening vanguard for an all-out assault, bent on turning me into my father, a man so hairy that I was convinced, as a child, that he was actually a werewolf. As that annoying guy on that show I hated as a kid would say, we've got to NIP IT in the BUD!

Digression: when I was a small child, I always thought this expression was actually "nip it in the butt." It took me until an embarrassing incident in fifth grade to learn otherwise.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 03:04:00 am »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
There is going to be a time in your life where you really don't care about the hair on your back. Given the inevitablity of it, why not stop caring now?


Wow, this is brilliant advice about such a large number of things.  But probably impossible to execute.

That back hair seems like no big deal to me also.  Why make a big production now because it might be different later?  By the time you turn into your werewolf-father maybe they'll have invented less primitive ways to remove it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 06:00:42 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Digression: when I was a small child, I always thought this expression was actually "nip it in the butt." It took me until an embarrassing incident in fifth grade to learn otherwise.


Fifth grade?  That's nothing!  You can't even really call that embarrassing anymore.

There was a show on This American Life with a segment (the first one) about this phenomenon.  These people didn't find out until well into their adulthood.

This has happened to me many times.  The best stories have to do with Fugazi lyrics.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 02:33:51 pm »

cultivate the back hair,
for sooner than you'd wish
it can be used as farmland
for transplantations elsewhere.


so,
um,
how much for an hectare?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 06:43:25 pm »

Dude. Seriously, dude.

I had to strain to find your back hair 'problem'.

That little wispy shit? Get real. I got hairs growing from my ears lusher than that. I have to trim nose hairs that I could STAB you with.

Keep that hair there - it will eventually work really well on your scalp when you get to that point in your life. Or you could donate it to Ark since he seems to want it.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 07:42:44 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Or you could donate it to Ark since he seems to want it.


remember when you joked that AW's haircut made him look like a hippy compared to mine?

i don't cut my hair short because i like it,
i just learned to live with reality.

if little dude don't want his back hair,
i will gratefully allow it to be transplanted onto my head.

there, i've said it, and _i_ _feel_ _better_.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 08:07:41 pm »

I do remember that!

But I was really referring to your question about the cost of a hectare.

I'll be fashioning my trimmed nosehairs into olive spears if anyone wants a unique accesory for their holiday Hors d'oeuvres.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 09:59:52 pm »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
There is going to be a time in your life where you really don't care about the hair on your back. Given the inevitablity of it, why not stop caring now?


My dad used to use this arguement against doing all sorts of things - why bother cleaning up, it'll just end up messy again?  Why mow the grass when it's just going to keep growing?  Etc.   In the end I got him.  He had one of his "why bother, it's just going to go back to the way it was" arguments and I countered with "why bother eating, you're just going to get hungry again, right?"  You can't just give up - fighting the inevitable decay and devolution of our bodies into hairy fleshy piles is only natural.  I am pro brushing your teeth, shampooing your hair, and all other grooming.  

Bozack - should you remove your back hair?  I still say yes.  If anything else it gives you license to push your SO to maintain arm and leg shavedness.  It's a delicate balance.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 10:55:56 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I do remember that!

But I was really referring to your question about the cost of a hectare.

I'll be fashioning my trimmed nosehairs into olive spears if anyone wants a unique accesory for their holiday Hors d'oeuvres.


le sighe.

what a waste.

i bet i could super-glue them lengthwise, end to end, and create the world's most disturbing comb-over.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2005, 10:59:26 pm »

I don't know about that, but you might be able to glue them to perpendicular surface in a parallel fashion and make the world's most disgusting comb.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2005, 11:01:49 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I don't know about that, but you might be able to glue them to perpendicular surface in a parallel fashion and make the world's most disgusting comb.


huz-zah!

well said, good sir.

and good day.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2005, 11:27:26 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
so,
um,
how much for an hectare?


If you PM me your mailing address, and I actually do go get it waxed, I will obtain the strips and mail them to you.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2005, 12:02:38 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
There is going to be a time in your life where you really don't care about the hair on your back. Given the inevitablity of it, why not stop caring now?


My dad used to use this arguement against doing all sorts of things - why bother cleaning up, it'll just end up messy again?  Why mow the grass when it's just going to keep growing?  Etc.   In the end I got him.  He had one of his "why bother, it's just going to go back to the way it was" arguments and I countered with "why bother eating, you're just going to get hungry again, right?"  You can't just give up - fighting the inevitable decay and devolution of our bodies into hairy fleshy piles is only natural.  I am pro brushing your teeth, shampooing your hair, and all other grooming.  

Bozack - should you remove your back hair?  I still say yes.  If anything else it gives you license to push your SO to maintain arm and leg shavedness.  It's a delicate balance.


Quite different. He's not going to have a time when he looks back and chuckles that he liked to eat and brush his teeth (not both at once). Odds are that he will look back and chuckle that he wanted to wax his back. Old people, in my experience, are generally well groomed. Grooming is not a habit someone loses with age, typically. Certain types of grooming (waxing, etc.) eventually lose their appeal because they really are pretty silly and don't stand up to the pain in the ass/benefit ratio especially when the benefits decrease with age.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2005, 12:06:23 am »

Man, I am all for fighting entropy, but hair growing on the back is not a symptom of the universe falling apart. It's a symptom of being a primate. Such is life.

I mean, if it gets to werewolf level, sure, take whatever actions you deem necessary. But that is not werewolfery.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up