Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?  (Read 43301 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2005, 05:30:14 am »

An older lady with a lady mustache cut in front of me at the store today.  It was such a thick 'stache with varied colours of hair: blond, brown, white & gray - that I said nothing when she cut in front of me.  Also it was trimmed neatly so as not to cover her lip.  It had a neat and tidy trimmed line.  This was fascinating and confusing - she, or someone who cares for her, trims her 'stache so that it doesn't impede her mouth, but didn't trim it all off.  WTF was going on there?  WTF?  Oh, god, what if there's a certain age where you just lose awareness of the fact that you have grown a lady 'stache?  Oh God!  What if one day I will have a lady 'stache and I just won't know it!  No!  Noooooooooooooo!  I'm scared.  Someone hold me!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2005, 08:08:23 am »

As long as you don't spill into my personal space, like on an airplane or a bus or subway or movie theater and particularly if you don't have the attititude that you somehow have the absolute right to take up space that I paid for, I don't care. But when beefy flesh with that savory whiff of fermenting fold-sweat is pushed up against me, against my will and in my space, I get offended pretty quick.

Being a person of gravity is one thing but there are limits to what people should have to put up with.

Well, uh, I wasn't actually advocating shoving people, was the thing. By and large I do not shove people in public. But, you know, if thin people can somehow claim a domain over public space via taking up less of it, I can presumably use some jocularity in counterarguments.

So! Anyone having any hair-related difficulties lately? I fear this thread is wandering some, and keeping it on topic will serve as a valuable public service.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2005, 03:59:36 am »

Yeah, I am.  Trying to decide if I should keep my head-hair longer or cut it shorter.  I've asked several people, and here are some of the replies:

Sister (and hairdresser):  Longer
Close (but platonic) lady friend:  Longer
Closeted gay friend:  Shorter ("everybody loves you with short hair)
Gay friend:  Longer ("I love the way it curls around your ears"--to which I blushed)

I'm mainly just posting these because it seems eerily and quite tensely quiet in here.  Maybe it's just because I didn't post for a couple days, or maybe it's just because I just read the debate in the fat thread.  And I always feel somehow responsible when it gets like this in a social situation.  You know, just trying to dispel the tension.

Oh, on a related note (have I mentioned this already?):  Has anyone seen Sarah Silverman:  Jesus is Magic?  I liked it.  For one, it was hella funny.  Two, I am in love with her.  But here is a hair-related joke:

I think strippers should be role models for little girls.  If only for the fact that they wax their assholes.

It's in the trailer, so I'm not really spoiling it for y'all.

Edit:  Reversed hair and head in the first line.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 04:36:37 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2005, 04:12:09 am »

Yeah, I am.  Trying to decide if I should keep my hair-head longer or cut it shorter.  I've asked several people, and here are some of the replies:

Sister (and hairdresser):  Longer
Close (but platonic) lady friend:  Longer
Closeted gay friend:  Shorter ("everybody loves you with short hair)
Gay friend:  Longer ("I love the way it curls around your ears"--to which I blushed)

In the absence of a picture of your hair, I would have to go with the majority and say longer. Growing out your hair is more easily reversible than getting a bad short haircut, although both will repair themselves given time. (Isn't that the great thing about head hair? And the terrible thing about hair anywhere else?)

Quote
Oh, on a related note (have I mentioned this already?):  Has anyone seen Sarah Silverman:  Jesus is Magic?  I liked it.  For one, it was hella funny.  Two, I am in love with her.  But here is a hair-related joke:

I think strippers should be role models for little girls.  If only for the fact that they wax their assholes.

I hope that they have other people wax their assholes for them. Doing it yourself seems... awkward.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2005, 04:34:09 am »

I think that if you waxed your own asshole, someone would walk in on you. You would then blurt out "it's not what you think!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2005, 04:37:36 am »

I think that if you waxed your own asshole, someone would walk in on you. You would then blurt out "it's not what you think!"

Yeah.

"You mean you're not waxing you're asshole?  Then what in fuck's name are you doing?!"
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2005, 04:43:16 am »

Yeah.

"You mean you're not waxing you're asshole?  Then what in fuck's name are you doing?!"

"It's... it's performance art!"

(cue laugh track)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2005, 05:39:45 am »

Shorter is hell of easier.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2005, 05:48:31 am »

Shorter is hell of easier.

Yes and no.  Generally, I step out of of the shower, and I am good.  Longer hair may take a minute longer to carefully put in place, usually much less, but with shorter hair, the cowlick in back is much more noticeable.  Not that I always do anything about it, but, you know.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2005, 05:55:46 am »

I'm growing my hair long again, and it's in that dang ol' transition state where it looks like crap but after a few more trims and a few more months, it'll look pretty good. Maybe even awesome, in comparison. Kind of makes me wish I was planning on keeping it; next time I grow it out it'll be for keeps for a while.

But man, you know those four-to-six months between short hair and long hair? They suck.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2005, 06:16:38 am »

Yes and no.  Generally, I step out of of the shower, and I am good.  Longer hair may take a minute longer to carefully put in place, usually much less, but with shorter hair, the cowlick in back is much more noticeable.  Not that I always do anything about it, but, you know.

Yes.  yes.  Yes.

I step out of the shower and I am good.  Even if I don't take a shower I am reasonably good. 

When I had a longer hair I was good for about 20 minutes.

When I had long hair I was good for about 30 seconds.

Now I cut my hair every 2 weeks or so and never think about it again.


Hair is a fuck*ng distraction.

Wasn't the point of having long hair to prove that?  Hair length doesn't matter.  Why is hair length any more significant than toenail length?

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2005, 06:32:10 am »

Wasn't the point of having long hair to prove that?  Hair length doesn't matter.  Why is hair length any more significant than toenail length?

Long hair advertises that we don't have parasites, silly.

I'm currently at that transition stage of "something needs to happen to this hair, and I don't know what." My plan is to head to one of the beauty parlors here (hey, this is the town where they filmed Steel Magnolias; what could go wrong?) and just say "try me." Anything that can make the shape of my head look less freakish, I'm all for.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2005, 06:49:33 am »

Sometimes I remove all of the hair on my head (eyebrows, lashes, etc.) just so people will ask me if I have cancer.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2005, 07:23:28 am »


My younger brother shaved his head over the summer one year, and I told his friends that he lost his hair because he was in chemo.
I was a kid. I am not proud.

But yeah, I now have the perfect length of hair. Unfortunately, there's this one wierd spot where my hair is super-curly. As in, about two square inches of my hair forms into one big wave-curl, and the rest of it is straight. i have no idea why.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2005, 01:40:49 am »

Aside from UNSIGHTLY BODY HAIR, I don't really spend that much time on hair maintenance- I rub my hair, which is gettin' pretty long now, with a towel and run a comb through it before putting on what some would call a "toque," I trim my beard and shave off neck hair once a week, maybe once a month I do eyebrow and nose touch-ups. However, I really should post a nowadays picture of me and get opinions on hair-cuttin'.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up