Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?  (Read 43323 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2005, 06:09:07 am »

I go for a seasonal $6 hair cut at the local hair school.  In fall the girl cutting my hair started crying and saying things like "Oh, no, I'm giving you a bad hair cut!" and "Oh no, I'm doing so bad!"  At the end of the hair cut she was crying even more as her teacher fixed me up.  It was fun.  This time I got a girl with only rudimentary English language skills but lots of hair cutting skills.  After I told her what I wanted to have done she asked "You want crazy hair?  I like to give you crazy hair!"  and since I was totally into it I agreed "Yes, please give me crazy hair!"  She kept saying "You be sexy!  It crazy hair!"  She actually did a mostly awesome job, and it is crazy in that it is the first time I had a hair cut that actually compliments my stupid perma-cowlick - the hair is sort of short and stand-up ish at the cowlick area, so it actually looks like it's supposed to stick out in all directions instead of just doing it anyway.

Anyone else have a cowlick? I actually have two and I hate mine - one's on the left hand side right at the crown of my head - this is the one that is now part of my style.  The other is at the front of my head and makes my hair fall directly into my face unless it's clipped back.  I wish I could get rid of them, as it really limits my hair styling options.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2005, 06:30:42 am »

Yes, cowlicks.  I have one in the back.  That's why I tend to keep my hair really short or longer.

Did I mention that I think my hairline is receding?  Not too noticeable, but it kind of sucks.  Maybe I should just shave it...  At least I would never have to deal with a fuck*ng cowlick again.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2005, 02:01:26 pm »

I had two right in the front over each eye. Since my hair is going away I think they aren't a problem anymore.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2005, 06:04:31 pm »

I think one stylist counted something like 14 cowlicks on my head. my hair just goes where it wants, so it only looks good real long or real short. Or permed.

But no wants to see that. (again).

(it was the 80s. Shut up.)
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2005, 07:22:10 pm »

I think one stylist counted something like 14 cowlicks on my head. my hair just goes where it wants, so it only looks good real long or real short. Or permed.

But no wants to see that. (again).

(it was the 80s. Shut up.)

You had an 80's perm?  That is awesome.  That is.... awesome. 

I had many an 80's perm.  Have you thrown out all your hair picks AD?  I still have one - you know, just, like, in case I ever need it again.  Even better, I have one picture of me when I was like 8, and my mom did a home perm kit on me, but only on my bangs.  It was this little tuft of tight curls above my face, and my strait hair hanging down everywhere else.  And I am so fuck*ng happily grinning in the picture.  I didn't have a clue.  Not a clue.

As my dad taught autobody at a technical collage for most of my childhood, and that collage had a hair program, I have had fascinating things done to my hair.  The best was when I went in just for fun one day and they gave me a huge beehive.  I don't remember how old I was, but I was definitely pre-pubescent, and there I was with over a foot of hair sticking out from the top of my head.  I remember right after that I got into my dad's jeep and bent my hair to the right at a 90 degree angle on the jeep roof.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2005, 08:15:10 pm »

The picks are wherever I put:

My skinny silver metallic tie
My skinny burgundy leather tie
all the knit ties cut off square at the bottom
my Don Johnson-esque unstructured white cotton jacket and pastel t-shirts
the many pairs of white and offwhite #####
the panama hat I wore with the jacket and #####
my Z-Cavaricci #####
My vertical striped shirts with solid color collars with drilled tie-bar holes
the tie bars
My deck shoes
my polo shirt with the turned up color
the pastel camp shirt I layered over the polo shirt

and...
Everything else I bought at "Chess King"


Sometimes I miss the eighties. But thinking about the clothes - not right now.

Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2005, 08:20:02 pm »

I've been relatively lucky and not had to deal with any persistent cowlicks, although I had a friend in school who had the classic Li'l Rascals front-lick and managed to integrate it into his personal style. Me, I just have straight hair that frizzes easily but will never go curly in the way you actually want it to... curse you, incomplete dominance!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2005, 01:15:15 am »

Damn Dawg. Sometimes being oblivious to trends is quite handy.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2005, 01:19:26 am »

Damn Dawg. Sometimes being oblivious to trends is quite handy.

My only defense is that the fashion alternative, for the most part, was a bruce-springsteenesque white t-shirt and levi's. That was before all hte gay guys dressed that way.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2005, 03:16:58 am »

My only defense is that the fashion alternative, for the most part, was a bruce-springsteenesque white t-shirt and levi's. That was before all hte gay guys dressed that way.

You mean before Freddy Mercury started dressing that way.



Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2005, 01:11:18 pm »

My only defense is that the fashion alternative, for the most part, was a bruce-springsteenesque white t-shirt and levi's.

And what would have been wrong with that?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2005, 07:49:16 pm »

You mean before Freddy Mercury started dressing that way.





I meant a crew tee, Freddie's wearing a -beater. What freddie might beat while wearing it is his business.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2005, 07:50:20 pm »

And what would have been wrong with that?

Now I know what I will be wearing when I visit DC next.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2005, 11:41:03 pm »

Now I know what I will be wearing when I visit DC next.

I seem to recall that wombat is a Springsteen fan.  Another tiny can for her.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where ought a a man or a lady have hair?
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2005, 12:04:18 am »

AD is such a tease.  He is never coming to DC, blue jeans and white tshirt or not.

And a tiny can to Miles for remembering my musical tastes for no good reason that I can imagine.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up