Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: New Forum Software  (Read 38721 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2005, 09:16:33 pm »

(long ol' image URL)
Thank you, Jough; you're a gentleman and a scholar.

More importantly, you get a little can of Dr. Pepper.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2005, 10:13:44 pm »

You know. I really don't like Dr. Pepper. So, like, I'm going to try and notch up the unlikableness.
Fuckers.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2005, 10:15:44 pm »

You know. I really don't like Dr. Pepper. So, like, I'm going to try and notch up the unlikableness.
Fuckers.

Well... it's funny, and it's both a board reference and a blogs reference, so I'm in favor of it. Do you have a better recommendation for a name for Karma?

Anyway, upon actively posting some more, I find most of my worries evaporating. Now that I know how new stuff is marked (read: "now that I'm not dumb anymore"), this is really a nice board. It's heavily feature-laden without it seeming at all weird.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2005, 10:23:32 pm »

Yeah, I think I'm getting more comfortable with it.  I still don't like the fonts and some of the colours (like the quotes box) but these things are all fixable as soon as I have more time to look over the many CSS files to style this bitch.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2005, 10:25:06 pm »

I'm really doing OK now that I've realized the 'previous/next' links at the bottom right hand don't go to pages of the same thread I'm reading.  There was a little wandering around lost and weeping there for a while but now I'm fine, really, thanks.

I love the little cans of Dr. Pepper and the news box.  Jough is a comic genius.  Eek, I am obviously drunk on the holiday sprit or something.  Split on red and green.

I still don't like the typeface, er, font, though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2005, 10:25:24 pm »

Well... it's funny, and it's both a board reference and a blogs reference, so I'm in favor of it. Do you have a better recommendation for a name for Karma?

I believe arkabee points has been suggested.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2005, 10:27:22 pm »

One more thing I'd love to fix would be links to previous posts in older threads/posts.

In other words, links from the old board URLs to the newly transformed ones, but I don't know how technically to do such a thing, so I probably won't.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2005, 10:31:51 pm »

A different color scheme would be nice. I don't mind the blueness, but the purple quote boxes are a little obnoxious.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2005, 10:33:36 pm »

Hey, now some people have stuff under their pictures where the 'location' was on the old board.  Why not everyone?  Do we have to do something?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2005, 10:42:46 pm »

Hey, now some people have stuff under their pictures where the 'location' was on the old board.  Why not everyone?  Do we have to do something?

There should be a "Text" box under the avatar section when you edit your profile. You can pretty much type anything there, but AFAIK you have to type it for yourself.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2005, 10:44:24 pm »

I'm liking it even more as I get used to it.  I'm nearly always a "new features = better" guy, though, so it's pretty much easy to distract me with new shiny buttons.

Also, if anyone is icon-less, you can have a look at my collection of weirdness for one.  Some are too big to be good icons, but yeah.  Since I'm too lazy to set up a board of my own, I might as well let someone use 'em.

Hey, now some people have stuff under their pictures where the 'location' was on the old board.  Why not everyone?  Do we have to do something?

It's a little editable field in your profile.  I didn't notice it the first time either.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2005, 11:16:15 pm »

OK, that scroll box for long links is freaking awesome. I hate it when one person's long link/wide image ruins an entire page in the thread.

Also, not to whine or anything but now that I'm LAZARUS again I'm no longer a mod.

Are these updates useful to you or am I posting stuff that you're already aware of and are working on?

I've been trying to think of something clever to append to my image since yesterday. But I thought it only appeared as alt-text. This way is much niftier.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2005, 11:23:40 pm »

I believe arkabee points has been suggested.

Hey, where is ark anyway?  Has he posted since the move?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2005, 11:32:33 pm »

I now have mod powers in my designated fora which is nice. But my rank shows up twice, and I don't know which one i need to edit.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2005, 01:14:09 am »

There should be a "Text" box under the avatar section when you edit your profile.


Aaaaahhhhhhhh.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up