Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: New Forum Software  (Read 38781 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2005, 03:11:52 am »

I now have mod powers in my designated fora which is nice. But my rank shows up twice, and I don't know which one i need to edit.

The rank based on post count shows up automatically. You don't need to type it into your custom rank title area in your profile.

Now I'm wondering, though - can everyone change their custom ranks themselves?

I may at some point in the wee small hours just remove everyone's permissions to EVERYTHING and start anew.  This is ridiculous.

Maybe V-Adore can make sense of it.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2005, 03:53:28 am »

I seem to have lost the ability to give myself a custom rank/title.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2005, 07:00:29 am »

As it should be.  No one but the admins should be able to set custom rank/titles.

Jesus said something about this once, but my bible is all the way across the room.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2005, 07:35:00 am »

You know. I really don't like Dr. Pepper. So, like, I'm going to try and notch up the unlikableness.
Fuckers.

Since you said this, I've been awarding you negative Dr. Peppers in order to increase your happiness.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2005, 06:49:19 pm »

As it should be.  No one but the admins should be able to set custom rank/titles.

Jesus said something about this once, but my bible is all the way across the room.

Go over to the couch, wake Jesus up and tell him to get my access to the mod forum back already.

Thanks.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2005, 07:21:40 pm »

There's still a moderator's forum?  I don't see it either.

Off your ass, Jesus.  You expect these posts to type themselves?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2005, 07:21:50 pm »

Can you still not get there?

Can any mods see the mod-only forum?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2005, 08:39:32 pm »

Thanks Jesus!

For everything! 

Oh, and Happy Birthday, too!

Oh, and not to be a Bitchy-Bitch Bitch Bitch about it, but can I have my Sanryobuki Artificial Liver AND Mod Squad appelations at the same time?
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2005, 08:53:04 pm »

I feel bad that I didn't send another private message, and then I figured that I should say this out in the open-
THANK YOU JOUGH!
Thanks for the new spiffy board, and thanks for all of the troubleshooting work you put in. Truly, your cans of Dr. Pepper shall increase A THOUSAND- FOLD!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2005, 09:11:05 pm »

I dunno if Jough will ever catch up to Wombat in terms of Dr Pepper ownership.

Although he does get one for properly leaving the period out of "Tiny cans of Dr Pepper"
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2005, 09:17:47 pm »

I was not aware of the lack of period in Dr Pepper until I read your post on this board.

Since we're all about EDUCATION here.

However, now that I think about it, wasn't Bozack giving out "little" rather than "tiny" cans of Dr Pepper?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2005, 09:31:52 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2005, 09:48:00 pm »

Oh gosh aren't they adorable!?!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2005, 02:11:45 am »

I believe they are technically "little" cans of Dr Pepper but are significantly more adorable as "tiny" cans of Dr Pepper. In any event, they already appear to have revolutionized the TOUAMB "lifestyle," as it were.

I can't decide which is more pretentious: putting "lifestyle" in quotes or referring to a message board as having a lifestyle.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2005, 02:22:12 am »

I believe they are technically "little" cans of Dr Pepper but are significantly more adorable as "tiny" cans of Dr Pepper. In any event, they already appear to have revolutionized the TOUAMB "lifestyle," as it were.

I can't decide which is more pretentious: putting "lifestyle" in quotes or referring to a message board as having a lifestyle.

I think the former is more pretentious.  The latter is just sad.  sigh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up