Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: New Forum Software  (Read 38742 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2006, 05:49:47 pm »

The top of the screen is missing a bunch of stuff lately.  I have the TOUAMB graphic, and the Home - Help - Search - Profile - Calendar - Logout buttons.  However, the other stuff from the header ("View unread replied to your posts," "View new posts since your last visit," the box with the item about Vic Tayback or Abe Vigoda or something, etc.) ain't there.  Is it just me?

I've got all of that.  I'm starting to use the "View new posts since your last visit" feature.  Like I found your post in that way.  So it's just you.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2006, 05:55:51 pm »

Reloading in any fashion doesn't help.  I am running boring ol' IE 6.0.

Interestingly, when I view the source, that stuff is there.  Must be missing a closing tag somewhere.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2006, 05:57:00 pm »

Oh snap!  I'm stupid. 

To the left of the Home button, there's a little arrow button.  That makes all the crap I've been talking about go away.  Click it again, it comes back.  I must have inadvertantly clicked it at some point.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2006, 06:24:01 pm »

At first I thought you'd hit that button, but for me that doesn't make everything up there disappear, just the "show unread posts", news box and stats part. Everything goes away when you click it?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2006, 06:27:53 pm »

Wow, they should make that button more noticeable - hooray for hidden advanced functionality!
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2006, 09:20:54 pm »

It doesn't make the page load any faster, as it just hides it with javascript after downloading everything, but yeah, it reduces clutter.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2006, 10:05:55 pm »

I popped into the who's online and where page and paused at this line:

User Handle We'd All Recognize  02:19:46 PM Unknown Action

Now I know that has a simple explanation but I like the idea of perpetrating Unknown Actions. The only thing funnier would have been to see Unspeakable Action.

It's actually (from what I've noticed) when someone is giving or taking away a tiny can.  There are a few other times I've seen it pop up.  My favorite message is when someone does something administrator-y.. it says "Nothing or nothing you can see!"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2006, 10:15:03 pm »

The one thing I've noticed is that there is almost always someone checking out your profile, Q. They are always a Guest.

That is wrong. People don't stalk* Q, Q stalks you!

*Alright, it's basically baby stalking but hey, it rhymes.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2006, 10:47:18 pm »

Ash, it's not healthy.  Take it from me.


Judy, the number of guests that look at my profile scares the living bejeezus out of me... and lately I haven't even been posting all that much either... before I thought it was that.  CONFOUNDING!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2006, 10:49:03 pm »

All going Ahab obsessive on it and stuff.

It stole your leg, and you want revenge.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2006, 10:52:34 pm »

See?  GODDAMMIT THERE'S ANOTHER ONE!

They are totally the tell-tale heart.

All me having tea with detectives.
All sweaty palms.
All hearing thud thud thud every time a guest views my profile.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2006, 11:01:33 pm »

They can smell fear, Q. They're homing in for the kill.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2006, 11:21:37 pm »

Yarr, bless ye Cort laddie...

So I can come out of hiding now? I've been using my Mod Powers just so you could see this message. I hope nobody ever wanted to go back and read the original Giraffe Placenta thread.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2006, 11:35:57 pm »

They can smell fear, Q. They're homing in for the kill.

GODDAMMIT!

I need to get me the good parts of celebrity now... like... booty.. and drugs?

Booty drugs?

hell I don't know.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2006, 12:20:39 am »

I don't know if you've considered this Q, but maybe it's the same person checking your profile.  Always the same person checking your profile on a daily basis.  All they do is come to TOUAMB and check your profile.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up