Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: New Forum Software  (Read 38705 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2006, 02:22:35 am »

Clearly there can be only one... Mister.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2006, 02:47:58 am »

What are going to change it to?  Mrdna2?

Nothing with hobos or r-o-b-o-t-s, please.  There are quite enough of us as it is.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2006, 03:55:47 am »

Some names are off-limits, like anything with "onstad" or "obot" now. 

Otherwise... as the folks said above.  Buy me something pretty and I'll do what I can for you. ;)

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2006, 05:18:40 am »

you'll still be Judy to me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2006, 06:10:57 am »

OK, I would just like to point this out.
I was reading old threads because I aspire to be a better poster. And I fell upon this gem.

Quote from: arkabeeee
i wish the internet had a standarized points distribution system such that points could be awarded (or in recent "other threadedness" dee dacht ahd) for posts / to posters that make me smile and or otherwise make my day, life, world i live in a much better place.

given there is none (and if someone is saying "paypal" well, "la la la i can't hear you"), Mr. Carlos "The Mayor" Delvaca, i am awarding you 10 "arkabee points".

don't squander them needlessly.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2006, 11:40:24 am »

And then ark promptly complained about the tiny cans upon his return.

THERE IS NO PLEASING YOU PEOPLE

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2006, 05:02:29 pm »

I still have 7 or 8 arkabee points in my desk drawer, right here.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2006, 05:36:43 pm »

i still don't know what all the fuck*ng buttons do.

and, jough, i wasn't complaining about the dr. pepper cans so much as breathing.

it's not my fault that every time i breath, a bitch escapes my lips.
and hey, an angel gets its wings, too.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2006, 06:05:16 pm »

I prefer arkabee points to tiny cans of Dr Pepper, but I don't know if you're here enough these days to warrant being the sole meter of points.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2006, 07:31:57 pm »

Wow, Ark and JL and on the same day no less.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2006, 07:50:22 pm »

Wow, Ark and JL and on the same day no less.

This happened similarly recently-ish, with Slink and Bozack of all people. (But Bozack's kind of vanished once more)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2007, 05:38:02 am »

I have a question that has been borne of sheer, unadulterated laziness. After all, is that not the true mother of invention?

I don't know how you party people do it, but I always visit http://touamb.com/index.php?action=unread to see what's new. Then I go through and right-click each "last post" icon to open each thread in a new Firefox tab. Is there some way to make this easier?

I realize that this makes me sound like the laziest fug in the world. But I was just hoping that there was some way to make it easier. Like if something has an RSS Feed, that you can bookmark it in Firefox and then "open all in tabs". Is there such a thing for this board, my favorite place on the internets?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2007, 05:49:10 am »

if that existed...

wow. what a day.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2007, 01:59:00 am »

Let me see what I can do for you on that tip, because that would probably mean that I'd read more threads too...

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2007, 03:36:43 am »

Let me see what I can do for you on that tip, because that would probably mean that I'd read more threads too...

*mwah*
Thank you, dahlink.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up