Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches  (Read 8457 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

otter

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches
« on: December 19, 2005, 06:46:10 am »

I have often had this exact reaction to being up at 5 am.

I don't think I've ever hid in the hallway and did, uhh, whatever Teodor's doing there.  Funny, though.

(Also: the idea that you can be the Anthony Kiedis of something is worth at least 5 extra points.)

(edit: added synonym for the p-word, on V-Adore's suggestion)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 06:40:31 am by otter »
Logged
um

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 06:53:09 am »

Include the permalink when making first posts

Why piss everyone off with your second post?
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 07:22:30 am »

Yeah, this happens to me all the time. Usually I'll just hide in the bathroom until the coast is clear, such as the recent time when my sister's friend wanted to meet me. I had to calmly explain to him that I couldn't come out of the bathroom because I had neglected to clothe myself.

Also, you didn't piss me off, for what it's worth (not much/nothing).
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 08:49:45 am »

It's never too early for pantalones.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 09:36:13 am »

I'm wearing some right now at this ungodly hour.  :o
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 09:41:04 am »

Otter, why did you have to go and piss off EVERYBODY because you forgot a link?

I mean, damn, man.  Why the hell did you piss off EVERYBODY?

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?!?!?

Also: Welcome to the board. ;)

otter

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 10:02:08 am »

Sorry, everybody!  I am not real good at things.

(Also, thanks, Jough :))
Logged
um

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 10:03:29 am »

Do sweat##### count, because that's what I'm wearing right now.

I'm going to assume that's Onstad's tapered leg with the disturbingly thin ankle and small foot.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 10:06:07 am »

Someone once told me that sweat##### mean you've given up, but I don't know if that's true.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 12:01:23 pm »

I did almost this exact thing. yesterday.
at about 1 am.

it was very cold. and I needed something from my car. bad choice. not only was I #####-less, I was doing a sort of awkward run/jump combo because of the temperature.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 02:15:26 pm »

Someone once told me that sweat##### mean you've given up, but I don't know if that's true.

Only if you wear them in public. They are however perfectly acceptable for lazy afternoons around the house, early morning trips to your mailbox, and Critical Laundry Situations.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 02:37:26 pm »

Teodor has a cute little bum.

Why are bums always amusing?  I mean, always amusing, sometimes disturbing?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 02:58:47 pm »

I still don't get the angry face he's making in panels 15 and 16.

The thing about little dogs with unclipped toenails is the God's honest, though. Lord. My family's dog, every morning KLAK KLAK KLAK all the time. And then it would run around on the carpet just to lull you falsely into believing the ordeal was over, and at the very precipice of unconsciousness KLAK klak KLAK KLAK klak all over again.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 03:45:54 pm »

I still don't get the angry face he's making in panels 15 and 16.

to me it looks like he is straining to stay frozen in place.  That is my guess.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 03:54:32 pm »

to me it looks like he is straining to stay frozen in place.  That is my guess.

maybe he has some anger left over is all, from being woken up at 5:30am.

The main thing I am afraid of is that there is some obscure cultural niche somewhere out there wherein a stuffed bear raising his arms with much fury and wearing a christmas stocking over his dinger is a common occurrence, so much so that other persons aware of this cultural niche can make reference to this, thereby making cool people --- that is, the ones that have heard of this, such as not me --- chuckle.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up