Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches  (Read 8458 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 02:07:55 am »

Come on, people, quit trying to jock the filters! Seeing 'p4nts' so often makes me want to say, "I've D2BaD." I would study, but I have little to no respect for the internet.

Agreed. Folks, if you want to filter-jump, use synonyms! Why not use "trousers" or "pantaloons" or another fanciful leg-covering word of your choice? Hell, I enjoy this board giving me an excuse to use "automaton," which otherwise I get to use all too rarely.
Logged

Phasma Felis

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2005, 02:12:18 am »

The whole point is to impersonate the sash, and the hook on which the stocking originally rests.

Since you can't impersonate the little piece of wood holding up the sash and the hood, you have to impersonate the attitude of the little piece of wood and that is what Teodor is doing.

That's how I see it anyway
He definitely looks like he's trying to impersonate something. Haven't a clue what it might be. Your guess is as good as any.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2005, 05:59:23 am »

Agreed. Folks, if you want to filter-jump, use synonyms! Why not use "trousers" or "pantaloons" or another fanciful leg-covering word of your choice? Hell, I enjoy this board giving me an excuse to use "automaton," which otherwise I get to use all too rarely.

Oh really?  Is it poor netiquette to - as you say - "filter-jump?"  What about filter-hump?  If so, I was unaware.  I do love the word automaton though.  Also "dungarees" and "jodhpurs" are fun too.  As in " I say, is that automaton wearing dungarees or jodhpurs while fuck*ng that stallion?"  Yeah, I love the word fuck*ng too much - I refuse to use any other word.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2005, 06:01:02 am »

Oh really?  Is it poor netiquette to - as you say - "filter-jump?"  What about filter-hump?  If so, I was unaware.  I do love the word automaton though.  Also "dungarees" and "jodhpurs" are fun too.  As in " I say, is that automaton wearing dungarees or jodhpurs while fuck*ng that stallion?"  Yeah, I love the word fuck*ng too much - I refuse to use any other word.

I think of it less as poor netiquette and more as limited creativity. It's easy to type p4nts (well, not easy to type, but you get what I mean) and harder to use actual meaningful synonyms.

Also, an automaton would always wear jodhpurs when engaging in coitus with an equine. It's just what's done!
Logged

otter

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2005, 06:44:51 am »

How's that?  I was going to change it to "culottes," but that might have implied that Teodor was a sans-culottes.  Also, the word "britches" makes me giggle.
Logged
um

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2005, 07:36:28 am »

How's that?  I was going to change it to "culottes," but that might have implied that Teodor was a sans-culottes.  Also, the word "britches" makes me giggle.

It makes me giggle, too. Also, full points for sans-culottes ref.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2005, 06:24:54 pm »

Agreed. Folks, if you want to filter-jump, use synonyms! Why not use "trousers" or "pantaloons" or another fanciful leg-covering word of your choice? Hell, I enjoy this board giving me an excuse to use "automaton," which otherwise I get to use all too rarely.

I almost went with "calças", which is portuguese for that-which-cannot-be-named. But I thought that since the thread title was wearing p4nts it was the commonly accepted filter-jumping technique. I happen to despise hackspeak too, by the way.
Anyway, now I'm curious about this filter thing. Is there an index of such objectionable words?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2005, 08:37:06 pm »

Anyway, now I'm curious about this filter thing. Is there an index of such objectionable words?

No, and as far as I know that's by design. It's one of the few remaining throwbacks to the Dumbrella boards, where such filters were arbitrary, capricious, and mysterious. As far as I know, they change only by the whim of Jough (or me, I suppose, but this is not an admin power I actively use).
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2005, 09:02:40 pm »

I would love to see Jough just one day add "p4nts" to the filter, replaced with, oh, I dunno. "Anal leakage," maybe.

"Yeah, the strip's good, but most of the characters don't even wear anal leakage."
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2005, 09:19:53 pm »

My favorite filter ever was a place that changed "first post" to "I lust after small children." Now that is a mother fuck*ng filter!
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2005, 09:22:45 pm »

A board I used to frequent had all the :)s filtered to display things like "I like c*ck." The forum owner, it would seem, HATED :)s, and figured anyone who needed  a visual reference to detect sarcasm wasn't going to work out on the forum anyway.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2005, 10:33:03 pm »

No, and as far as I know that's by design.

Actually, there is such an index, but it's kept at the Vatican.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2005, 04:40:32 am »

-=My daily image blog: Image of the Day

I'd like to hang out with these Santa's.  Uh, on second thought Maybe Not.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up