Not really. I think most people just think it's really cool to see someone savagely hack up a dude while calmly describing his favorite lame ass music. It's ironic, maaan. Meanwhile ignoring that nothing in the scene makes any sense.
Whilst I understand your viewpoint and would probably feel the same way viewing that scene without context it is very unfair to judge it like that without seeing the film. The scene and his actions definitely makes a lot more 'sense' as in going beyond what appears to be nothing more than a Tarantino-esque brutality/music/dancing/monologues = COOL sketch. There's a lot more substance in the film, I'd urge you not to dismiss it so quickly.
It's worth a watch anyway.
Anyhow apologies for the initial comparison to a psycho killer monologue if it offended you, it was meant in good humour and the tone did remind me of the scene. That's not necessarily a bad thing though because as you put it he justs 'calmly describes his favourite lame ass music' (except Queen aren't lame ass (though I don't believe HL+TN are without merit either, quite like Fore!)), he's just expostulating on a band he really likes in a calm knowledgeable manner. Nowt negative implied
It's interesting that you hate the Dark Knight. I wasn't a massive fan either. Come to think of it the only Christian Bale film I REALLY like is 3:10 To Yuma which is a fantastic modern Western. Him and Russell Crowe are brilliant in it.
EDIT: I forgot the Prestige, Bale's good in that too and that's a great film. Still surprised at the paucity of fantastic Christian Bale films considering his reputation.