Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.  (Read 3752 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« on: December 21, 2005, 08:24:27 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12212005

Why does Chris want Teodor to be naked so badly? Why are the boxes of books so small?

Either way I'm just glad I didn't order any books.

If you're not satisfied with the amount of entertainment in today's comic you can spend a few minutes trying to figure out the physics surrounding the shelves in the last panel.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 08:50:28 am »

Why has Teodor changed his tune on public nudity? http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11262001
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 09:40:14 am »

I don't think he's singing a different tune so much as he's pissed at being asked to help ship orders at five in the morning.  He doesn't really want to go get clothes, he just wants an excuse to go back and get in bed.  We all know the bear has few qualms about showing off his body. 
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 01:05:34 pm »

This one made me laugh.  The Holidays are the perfect time for this sort of cynical stuff.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 01:06:08 pm »

This was one of the correct choices for thread title.  Thank you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 01:08:25 pm »

It seems that Chris is oscillating between being Ray and being Pat in this one, I think I like it.
Of course the hat was definitely worth a giggle.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 01:57:19 pm »

Hung like a cranberry is sort of a frightening image, for various reasons.

This xmas, I'm going to spend the entire time walking around naked with only a cup on my head, as I think that is a good thing to do basically.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 02:02:39 pm »

I guess he has a points. Think of all the bears that never wear ##### like Yogi, Paddington, and the one on the Colbert Report. But picking up naked Teodor is just a little weird.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 02:07:00 pm »

I'm glad I didn't order anything either this season.  I thought about it, but it kind of looks like Onstad hates filling orders--hates that to hell.  And I'd hate myself for being the cause of 5am stress.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 02:10:26 pm »

But picking up naked Teodor is just a little weird.

That's because none of those other bears have dangly parts.

ha HA... dangly parts!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 03:12:07 pm »

"Don't make me pick you up!" is a pretty good threat.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2005, 04:52:38 pm »

"Don't make me pick you up!" is a pretty good threat.

I say this to the cats all the time.  They'll be making a fuss and begging for treats until I break out the "Do you want me to pick you up?" and then they get go running and leave me alone.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2005, 05:01:26 pm »

"I'm picking you up!" is a threat that also works with my small dog.

But wait a minute, El Guapo has cats?  You've obviously been concealing your nurturing side.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2005, 05:23:03 pm »

They're my uncle's, but I take care of them when he is away. There were three of them, but Ms. Schnockers-Marie passed away over the summer.

And I'm very nurturing!  I'll nurture the HELL out of you AND your sister!  I nurture stuff all the damn time!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005, 06:15:49 pm »

It's always disconcerting to me when the humans and the cats/alive stuffed animals interact, but especially so when the comic is meant to be a real life siituation. I feel like the fourth wall is broken and Onstad is pissing off the proscenium onto the front row. OR something.

Also, the weird concept of having an alive stuffed animal  that he drew helping him ship out books filled with drawings of alive stuffed animals that he drew is drawing my mind into an ever-tightening oroborous. I think I need to lay down.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up