Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: People of Gravity  (Read 17418 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2005, 10:12:43 pm »

OK please we're going to stop fighting now, right?  It's Christmas.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2005, 10:48:37 pm »

He started it!

Oh man, I am going to take away SO MANY DR PEPPER CANS that you'll be paying off karmic-board-debt until Onstad decides that he'd like to run an arboretum or something.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2005, 10:52:36 pm »

the history of soup-can labels.

Oh no you dint!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2005, 11:00:07 pm »

He started it!

Oh man, I am going to take away SO MANY DR PEPPER CANS that you'll be paying off karmic-board-debt until Onstad decides that he'd like to run an arboretum or something.

Holy crap. He basically has -MaxInt now. Jough doesn't screw around.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2005, 11:05:31 pm »

Holy crap. He basically has -MaxInt now. Jough doesn't screw around.

When Jough ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

That said, you know what pisses me off? Xylem. I mean, where do the fuck*ng plants get off with pulling that shit? Honestly, Plantae, have some dignity.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2005, 11:08:13 pm »

What does a negative can of Dr Pepper look like?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2005, 11:28:24 pm »

What does a negative can of Dr Pepper look like?

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2005, 11:34:40 pm »



Ohh, I see. It's spearmint-flavored Dr Pepper.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2005, 11:36:57 pm »

I fuck*ng HATE FAT PLANTS!

I mean, really, for Gods's Sake. I have an unpopular opinion and some of you are getting your sphincters severely puckered over it.

I LIKE YOU GUYS. I LOVE MY WIFE.

Guess what.

My wife is overweight.

Guess what else. I LOVE HER FOR A MILLION OTHER REASONS.

and I like you guys for a million other reasons and if I meet you in person, I am fairly sure the topic of your personal weight won't come up unless you bring it up. The idea that I'm walking around here verbally abusing overweight people and plotting to create programs to round them up into concentration juicebars/gyms is pretty silly, don't you think?

Also, I'm all over the place socially (more conservative than not, usually) so take that wherever you like. Douchebag land is a little far to take it, but hey, you know, to each his own. I have a lot of beliefs y'all don't like. I ain't boohooing about your opionons, internalizing them, fuck-youing you or calliing you douchebags. I seem to recall even having a few agreements here and there.


I thought this was a fairly nice thing to say (except for the part about the Fat Plants. Who knew Jough had a thing for Fat Plants?)
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2005, 12:17:29 am »

When Jough ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

That said, you know what pisses me off? Xylem. I mean, where do the fuck*ng plants get off with pulling that shit? Honestly, Plantae, have some dignity.

Xylem nothing!  I will not hear your blasphemy!  We all know phloem is the real complex tissue culprit of the flora genre!

Philistine!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2005, 12:58:03 am »

Please give AD back his Dr Pepper before I cry.  That is so mean.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2005, 01:18:25 am »

Oh man, I totally missed a mini board implosion thing-y.  

AD, I love how you are always the guy with the opinion everyone else disagrees with, but that you don't sensor yourself at all.  I don't agree with you on most issues, but I love that you bring it.  You bring it.  

As for calling anyone a cow, I enjoy calling people "cows" and it generally doesn't have anything to do with there size.  I just like calling people cows.  I like calling people lots of things, but only with the little voice in my head, not like, vocally.  If I said half the shit I thought I'd be served up beatings on a daily basis.

As for myself, health-wise I have never been in a better place - and it has now officially been a year of being drug free - woo hoo - and all is really good in Mel-ville.  The thyroid meds I need to take to stay alive have been reduced in dose for the first time in years, and a lot of the stomach problems I was having from the horrible food poisoning, are going away.  I have, however, come to notice that the weight that I gained during my partying is not going away.  You know, you smoke dope every day and somehow the empty Burger King bags and grease-spattered take-out bags just... appear.  So what am I to do?  I can not diet - since my mentally ill mother had me on diets since I was 7 or 8 I tend to have serious emotional issues if I deny myself food I want, like I am basically unable to function if I am on a restricted eating plan.  I've come to a place of emotional peace that I don't want to put at risk by mucking around in the muddy waters of my food/body image issues.  I also had a point about four years ago where dieting got a little out of controle for me, and I was getting sick from not eating enough and exercising too much, and that was when my body felt it's worst.  I was hovering around what the BMI says I should be, and I'd never been sicker in my life.  Also my SO doesn't want me to lose my new bigger boobies, so there's pressure on my to stay the way I am.  Really though, I'm not comfortable with the extra baggage.  The only option is to increase the physical activity quotient.  I can't fuck around with food anymore, or I'll end up an emotional mess, or all sick and weak again.

So step one is officially giving up my car, which I did a little over a month ago.  My amount of walking has been drastically increased, but as the deep freeze of Manitoba winter approaches, I question if I can keep up all this walking, and don't want to give in to riding the bus.  Anyone else function in cold climates?  What can I do to force myself outside in the cold?

Step two is to get to the gym more.  Since I've got bad knees and hips from improper running habits from my younger years, I like to run on the elliptical machines.  I would like to swim, but without my glasses I am so near sighted that I can only see about 2 1/2 feet in front of me.  This makes swimming scary for me.  Is anyone here a swimmer with sight issues?  What do you do?  Obviously I can't wear my contact lenses in the pool...

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2005, 02:46:54 am »

Prescription goggles.  They're fairly expensive, but if they server you for a few years and enable you to swim/exercise, they're probably worth it.  In a similar vein, I had a friend who would just wear contacts behind goggles and get the same sort of effect - I gather the water changes the focus a little bit, but it was still better than a bluish cloud.

So, I guess those are options - although, my father is totally blind and he swims fine - I think you just need to figure out how to find the lane's edge with each stroke.

Also, cheers to everyone's body image comments - while I don't like some of the arguing going on (especially between mods), I do enjoy the variety of opinions represented here.  Carry on.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2005, 04:46:51 am »

Please give AD back his Dr Pepper before I cry.  That is so mean.

I love you.  :-*

AD, I love how you are always the guy with the opinion everyone else disagrees with, but that you don't sensor yourself at all.  I don't agree with you on most issues, but I love that you bring it.  You bring it.

Thanks. I am acutely aware that I'm basically the unabomber around here roughly half the time. I do genuinely feel sorry for the millions of people around the world with unpopular opinions who live in places where they'll die for saying them.

And prescription goggles are the way to go if you don't want to or can't wear contacts and regular goggles. On the other hand, you really only need to see that far in a pool - if you are good with the flip turn.  (I still brain myself backstroking every once in awhile, though). If you wear contacts, go to a sporting goods store and buy a quality pair of goggles. Speedo makes good ones and Aquasphere are good too (I use those), and I always wear my contacts with them and no problems.






« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 04:57:55 am by AlohaDawg »
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2005, 05:20:39 am »

Thanks. I am acutely aware that I'm basically the unabomber around here roughly half the time. I do genuinely feel sorry for the millions of people around the world with unpopular opinions who live in places where they'll die for saying them.

Dude.  I hope you know that despite the fact that we disagree on some minor issues, I think you're tops.  Mainly because we pretty much agree on all the important things like music, Achewood and food.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up