Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: what the HELL, people  (Read 5706 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: what the HELL, people
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2006, 05:26:59 am »

I think it was a really obscure flute player who was pissed about the little sample that opens "Pass the Mic" from Check Your Head.

Paul's Boutique would probably cost a cool million in sample clearances today, minimum.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: what the HELL, people
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2006, 06:03:27 am »

I don't know if this has been posted but this is a great reference to Paul's Boutique for any Beastie Boys fan. You should Ch-Check it out.

http://www.moire.com/beastieboys/samples/index.php



Lets see how many cans I lose for that pun.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: what the HELL, people
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2006, 06:05:26 am »

I think it was a really obscure flute player who was pissed about the little sample that opens "Pass the Mic" from Check Your Head.

Yeah, you're right.  I had heard about that.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: what the HELL, people
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2006, 08:39:58 pm »

Isn't Paul's Boutique like the Sgt. Peppers of Hip Hop or some such?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: what the HELL, people
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2006, 09:17:35 pm »

If Sgt. Pepper was an underrated and poorly selling undiscovered gem, then yes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up