Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta  (Read 7821 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« on: December 23, 2005, 11:31:22 am »

Meh

Ray's punchline is nice, and although some of these foods sound absolutely horrible I get tired of reading one after another I suppose.

The alt text however is pretty funny, only because those were some of my friends in high school and it stings like alcohol on a cut just a little.  WHeeee.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 03:40:29 pm »

Every time Pat uses the word "bestitutes," I want to hit him.

More than usual, I mean.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

rumpy doppelganger

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 69
  • drang
    • View Profile
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 05:05:32 pm »

ahahahwhahah chompsky  :)
Logged
These kids are the next generation of superstars loaded with bags of crazy tricks. Watch while they ride tasty waves and catch big air just like the pros, it'll make your jaw drop! Kids Who Rip invit

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 05:34:08 pm »

side_show side_story in regard to health food grossness.

A few of my friends worked at the local VitaHealth selling cleansing kits that involved bowel flushing, all sorts of smelly powers, and ground up things.  The health food store, at its peak, was very popular before regular stores started stocking vegetarian foods. So it started out as a place where all us vegetarians could go for a quick snack, and eventually some of my theatre buddies ended up working there.  The store had a computer system that kept track of those with memberships - if you signed up for a membership you got a news letter and a little card the got you a discount off purchases.  So this group of the sort of hippies that Pat comes from - you know, the people who use healthy living as an excuse to be scary controle freaks who want to know exactly what kind of pollen the bees were collecting to make the honey that they are buying?  Yeah the group was this collective of women who were these sorts of people and they called themselves "The Friends of the Earth."   Imagine a dozen women just like Pat, and imagine having to provide them with customer service for three hours only for them to leave the store with a small bag of the same wheatgerm they bought every week.  The staff got pretty sick of all the nitpicking from members of "The Friends of the Earth" -and this is a health food store where the staff gets way more specific demands than most stores do, so you can imagine just how bad this group was.  Eventually, the staff started calling this group "The Freaks of the Earth," as in, "Oh, no, here comes one of The Freaks of the Earth."  The staff had a good chuckle about it, and then one day one of my friends actually changed the group's name in the store's internal computer system so that whenever anyone scanned one of these womens' member ship cards the name "Freaks of the Earth" came up on the screen for only other staff to see.  Another chuckle for the staff.  Then someone not in on the joke changed the system so that customers' with memberships got a personalized message on their receipt.  The next time a member of "The Friends of the Earth" came in, their receipt printed up "Thank you Freaks of the Earth, we appreciate your business!"  Awesome?  Yes.  It turned out that "The Friends of the Earth" boycotted the store in outrage and even wrote some deeply entertaining complaint letters in which the term "hate crime" was used.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 05:55:57 pm »

One colon loofah, please.

I thought this was the funniest thing in the strip today.


side_show side_story in regard to health food grossness.

Isn't it funny how easy it is to get accused of hate crime? Also, how people can get the idea in their head that they are an oppressed minority when, in reality, they are just a group of purposeful non-conformists?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 06:00:31 pm by AlohaDawg »
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 06:45:08 pm »

I get the feeling that Onstad just really, really likes making up fake names for "best-stitutes." I mean, honestly, four solid panels? Even when the names are hilarious (which they occasionally are), man, that's a lot.

On the other hand, "forget what you know about craveless nori!" is a phrase so good I want to shout it out of context at people. Also, is there any possible worst concept for someone on an avoiding-diabetes diet than a cod substitute made out of marzipan?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 07:45:47 pm »

Definitely adds to the carbs over eating plain old cod.

The whole concept of craveless nori just went over my head. We buy nori sheets here to snack on, but I've never had a craving issue.
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 09:03:25 pm »

ahahahwhahah chompsky  :)

Ok, I know we've had our issues in the past. It hasn't always been blue skies and raddiccio tape between us.
I have to intercede now. Dig deeper, man, dig! I'm hugging you to let you know it's ok! 

 I liked this strip but would have been fine without the last panel. Side_show's side_story steals the day.
Logged
I am older now.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 10:23:30 pm »

The whole concept of craveless nori just went over my head. We buy nori sheets here to snack on, but I've never had a craving issue.

Truth be told, I'm not even sure what craveless nori is, let alone how raddiccio tape would affect it. I've always been more into nori-free sushi options, myself.*

* And by "nori-free sushi options," I mean "lots and lots of vinegared rice." I'm sort of a wuss with most sushi, but man, vinegared rice is the best.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 10:28:11 pm »

I once watched Ani smoke a bowl at a Yo La Tengo concert.
What is nori, SUBQUESTION what is craveless nori? Nori that you don't want to eat.
The most comical thing, in my opinion, was the alt-text, followed by the bestitute names. A far third goes to the punchline.
BODY HAIR JUST ISN'T FUNNY OKAY.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 11:44:23 pm »

What is nori, SUBQUESTION what is craveless nori? Nori that you don't want to eat.
Nori is that seaweed paper you see sushi rolls wrapped in. It's got sort of a slight, salty flavor and is exceptionally green.

Craveless nori... well, you got me. Wombat/AD/other Asian-food-hounds?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 12:40:14 am »

We can buy these little packages with 50 little band-aid sized sheets of nori to snack on but unless there is a sense of the word 'craveless' I don't know, it's all just so much  'radicchio tape' to me.

I think Ray should be offended at a pinsized glory hole. I would be, except I've never utilized one. And never will.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 01:37:18 am »

I find that I don't care what the thread title is for this one. I think this means I don't like it much.

But now I want band-aid sized sheets of nori, and I'm not sure I even particuarly like nori, except that you need something to keep sushi rolls from falling apart.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 12/23/05 - Armpit Hair and a 91 Jetta
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 02:07:46 am »

Nori? 

Wasn't he one of Thorin Oakenshield's company?  Ori, Nori, Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Balin, Dwalin, Fili, Kili and that lot?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up