Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: O's first official meme?  (Read 2121 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
O's first official meme?
« on: December 28, 2005, 06:17:47 am »

Whomever that was (Cort?) that first put together the I-Got-Problems.com based on the strip featuring the same site, you've been MeFi'd.

Has Onstad ever spurned a meme before?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 06:20:56 am by Choopernickel »
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: O's first official meme?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 06:56:05 am »

I had heard of metafilter before, but didn't know anything about it.  Apparently it's a place where people say things suck.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: O's first official meme?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 07:35:16 am »

I-G-P is my site, what the hell is Metafilter?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: O's first official meme?
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 07:36:46 am »

Personally, I'm more impressed that there is apparently some dude on metafilter who has just gone around saying "Achewood sucks" in every possible semi-germane context for months if not years. Now that's dedication, "Stan," whoever you are.
Logged

estevus

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5
  • R E A D
    • View Profile
Re: O's first official meme?
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 01:54:19 pm »

I had heard of metafilter before, but didn't know anything about it.  Apparently it's a place where people say things suck.

~Paul

A place where all the dicks on the internet congregate to say things suck...

I'll bet it's Pat's favorite website.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: O's first official meme?
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 03:28:26 pm »

The funny thing here is the self-fulfilling prophecy.  Beef starts the website and is amazed by the inundation of sad sacks in the world.

In homage, the website is started in real life and MeFI picks up on it, bringing an inundation of sad sacks to the site.

That's META meta... or.. since it was on MeFI.. I guess it's Meta META Meta...

fuckin' hell.. I think I just circle jerked myself.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: O's first official meme?
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 07:07:09 pm »

fuckin' hell.. I think I just circle jerked myself.

Whoa, don't strain anything, Dr. Derrida.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: O's first official meme?
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 08:42:48 pm »

Whoa, don't strain anything, Dr. Derrida.

...and Bozack wins at life!  A tiny can of Dr. Pepper to you sir.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: O's first official meme?
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 03:54:12 am »

...and Bozack wins at life!  A tiny can of Dr. Pepper to you sir.

Sadly, I can't take all the credit...
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: O's first official meme?
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 04:47:51 am »

That's okay... I'm sure I owed you a can for something else that made me chuckle anyway.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up