Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: the squid and the whale  (Read 4121 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
the squid and the whale
« on: December 30, 2005, 05:02:12 pm »

Anyone seen it?
It was so good. So good.
The depth of the characters.... I know people always say characters are deep, but it really struck me. The psychological twists and turns are really good.
So. Your thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 03:43:07 pm by slink »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 06:14:00 pm »

I'm actually <much> more interested in what Slink had to edit out of your post...
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 06:28:54 pm »

If I recall correctly, and I may not, because it was posted on December 31st, and I killed half my brain that night with booze and drugs, but if I do recall correctly, it went something like this originally (text removed by Slink in brackets):

Anyone seen it?
It was so good. So good.
The depth of the characters [is only equalled by the depth of Gina's cavernous pu$$y].  I know people always say characters are deep, but it really struck me. The psychological twists and turns are really good.
So. Your thoughts?

You. Sick. Fuck.  Leave Gina out of this.  Hasn't she suffered enough?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 08:17:23 pm by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 07:00:06 pm »

FREE GINA!
(with purchase of Gina of equal or greater value)

Anyway, so, uh, is this film any good? I've been hesitant to see it because I'm not much on the "indie film about bad things happening to awkward sad people" genre.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 08:16:15 pm »

Aside: is this the first obvious modding we've seen Slink do? And also, anyone heard from Slink lately?
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 08:19:30 pm »

I haven't seen it, either, but just learned that Jeff Daniels is in it.  I'll probably see it for that reason alone.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 09:23:16 pm »

I saw Goodnight and Good luck on Friday (which also has Jeff Daniels in it) and there was a preview for The Squid and the Whale. It looks good to me and I'll probably end up seeing it some time.

By the way, Goodnight and Good luck was really good.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 10:35:18 pm »

Ummm....
It's not the only modding I've done, although I haven't really had to do a lto in a long time.
As for this, I have no idea. I don't remember editing it at all. I think, if it fits time wise, it would be the post I accidentally went into editing after the software was updated. But don't hold me to that!

And also, I'm here. I'm fairly quiet, as the forum has gotten busier, and I have less time. But I still read pretty much everything, and certainly everything in the two fora I mod in here. And I have been poking my nose in a bit more again since I quit that evil job! W00t, and such things...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 10:39:32 pm by slink »
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 02:23:45 am »

are you sure someone edited it who wasn't me?
because I'm pretty sure I edited it myself, to fix a mistake. Or take out a phrase which was lame.

It was quite a fun movie. i recommend it. I am looking for a poster to put up in my room.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 02:50:25 am »

Speaking of Free pu$$y, did I ever tell y'all about pu$$yid?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 04:11:42 am »

Speaking of Free pu$$y, did I ever tell y'all about pu$$yid?

???
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 04:39:28 am »

Speaking of Free pu$$y, did I ever tell y'all about pu$$yid?

Is that what you get when you squeeze some pu$$y and then add water and sugar?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 04:43:45 am »

Is that what you get when you squeeze some pu$$y and then add water and sugar?

Hey, when life gives you pu$$ys...
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 04:46:37 am »

Hey, when life gives you pu$$ys...

Oh man, I guess in that case pu$$yid is the opposite of Lemonaid.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

rumpy doppelganger

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 69
  • drang
    • View Profile
Re: the squid and the whale
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 04:58:47 am »

you guys, the squid and the whale was a neat movie
Logged
These kids are the next generation of superstars loaded with bags of crazy tricks. Watch while they ride tasty waves and catch big air just like the pros, it'll make your jaw drop! Kids Who Rip invit
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up