Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Dying a Hash related death...  (Read 21681 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2006, 04:07:37 am »

Smells, i'm in my 20's (at least for another 9 months) and I've been eating meatloaf without irony for quite a few years now.

It makes an awesome sandwich the next day, on a couple large baguette slices with mayo and hossradish. I've heard ketchup is good too, but haven't tried it.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2006, 04:30:29 am »

See, every Canadian I know who has tried Popeyes chicken while visiting the U.S. says it forever ruins Canadian chicken for them.  They crave the Popeyes, to the point where I think it best to not even try.

Around here where Popeye's are plentiful they say the same thing about Pollo Campero. I remember when the first one in the area opened in Herndon they actually had police outside to keep the lines moving in an orderly fashion.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2006, 04:33:31 am »

I had Popeye's on Thursday (on the trip!).  It was good.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2006, 05:20:45 am »

Meatloaf's great.  Especially my Grandma's, and I believe she made some the other night.  Guess who is getting a visit from me tomorrow after work?  Especially because I get off at 1 PM, and Chick-fil-A is closed on Sundays, so that's not an option for lunch.

Any Chick-fil-A fans here?  I love the place.  Good chicken, and fuck*ng fantastic slaw.  Popeye's is good.  At least I think that's what I had in Phoenix when I was there last.

Oh, and Choop, you're goddamned right about the sandwiches the next day.  fuck*ng great.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2006, 06:01:52 am »

Any Chick-fil-A fans here?  I love the place.  Good chicken, and fuck*ng fantastic slaw.  Popeye's is good.  At least I think that's what I had in Phoenix when I was there last.

Chick-Fil-A is hella good. I think it may be my favorite fast-food chicken, actually; I've never been that fond of fried-chicken-in-a-bucket, and Chick-Fil-A can't be beaten for nuggets/strips/sandwiches. Popeye's is also excellent, though, and is very popular near where my parents live, where they take fast-food chicken very seriously.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2006, 10:56:58 am »

I love me some Chick-Fil-A.  It's the pressure-frying that does it, plus the fries are pretty good even when they approach room temperature.  I didn't realize when I moved out here that there were all of two of them in the San Diego area.  The sandwiches are good, but the chicken biscuits are just unbelievable (and have to take days off your life).  Perfect buttered biscuits surrounding tasty fried chicken?  Sign me UP.

I'm gonna have to make an excursion.

As far as fried chicken, I'm of the opinion that almost any gas station in Alabama will have better fried chicken than Popeye's or KFC, if it's fresh/stored properly.  But that may be nostalgia, 'cause I grew up when there were still independent gas stations actually run by people who put their name on the sign.  It may be different now that it's all BP Station #2084.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2006, 11:50:59 am »

You bastards, there is a Chick fil A right around the corner.  I have never been tempted to eat at it before.  You bastards.

Partly this is because I resented this chain for a long time because I onlly figured out after, like, years, how they meant you to pronouce their name. 

Well, at least today is Sunday.  Perhaps I'll forget about it for a while.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2006, 03:26:51 pm »

You bastards, there is a Chick fil A right around the corner.  I have never been tempted to eat at it before.  You bastards.

Partly this is because I resented this chain for a long time because I only figured out after, like, years, how they meant you to pronounce their name. 

Well, at least today is Sunday.  Perhaps I'll forget about it for a while.

You too?

I was dating a girl once, and we were hanging out somewhere downtown, and this guy next to  us was talking to a friend on a cell phone.  He was all, "let's meet at that place, Chick-Filla (with the 'a' like in fella), you know that place in the mall?"  And this girl started laughing.  I did too, of course.  Later she told her friends, and they all made fun of him, including me, for not pronouncing it Chick-Fillet, of course, the fuck*ng idiot!  My secret shame was that up until that point I had also pronounced it that way.

Later, well, actually at the very end of our relationship, we got into an argument, involving her friends, over the pronunciation of Nietzsche.  I had mentioned him because she had mentioned in an email that they were studying him in a class, and they laughed at me.  At the time I was studying German so I felt I was a bit of an authority on it, but I was outnumbered so I backed down (which is unusual for me.  Not that I'm always looking for an argument, but I hated being corrected with incorrect information).  It still bothers me to this day.  We weren't talking for a while, partly because she got married.  But a while ago I started to see her on my MSN Messenger again, and was always looking for an opportunity to bring the subject up again.  Like, "you know, I'm going to Germany this summer.  Speaking of which, do you still pronounce Nietzsche incorrectly?"  Or, "I took a class on Nietzsche last semester.  How did you pronounce that again?  Oh, interesting.  That's not how my Harvard-trained Professor did."  But it never did, and we don't talk anymore, again.

But Wombat, it's hella good.  Chick-fil-A, that is.

Oh yeah, I have one friend who declared he was going to protest it for being closed on Sunday, until I told him it wasn't a Utah chain.  Once he knew it wasn't a Mormon thing, he was OK with it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2006, 05:08:58 pm »

Tiny Can to Miles for confirming that that is a stupid way to spell that thing.

I'm a little weirded out by the closed on Sunday deal too.  But I am going to have to try it.  Because we are all about education.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2006, 05:31:12 pm »

...a bitter story about pronunciation...

You win the most-bitter-post-related-indirectly-to-bad-for-you-food-award!  And what do you win?  It's tiny!  It's in a can!  I think it just might be...! (spokes model pulls back curtain) A tiny can of Dr. Pepper!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 06:31:00 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2006, 06:04:33 pm »

Another tiny can for you, good sir. I can't stand people who get snobby about pronunciation, and I've always been a bit self-conscious about it since my high school friends (who said I had an "Alaskan accent," which is an incredibly fake idea) made fun of me for 'mispronouncing' "warm." I still don't know what they thought I was doing wrong...
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2006, 06:45:38 pm »

I'm glad I don't mispronounce Chick-fil-A like you freaks.  But about you're friend miles, aren't Mormans Christians?  Sorta...  He's wouldn't be upset becuse they are closed because they are Christian, only if they are Morman Christian?

I don't hate Chick-fil-A for being closed on Sunday, even though they are totally smug and smarmy about it, but rather for their horrible ad campaign.  They make BK chicken fries seem downright refined by comparison.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2006, 06:54:30 pm »

So... They spell fillet wrong, and also many, many other words?  How are they smug about being closed on Sundays?  Do they put a sing in their windows that says "Closed on Sundays, you fat fuck!  Sorry you have to wait 'til Monday to fill you gullet!  And oh yeah,  Jesus loves you!"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2006, 07:42:01 pm »

Upstate PA is so Christian that there are some towns where every store, even convenience stores, are closed on Sunday by town ordinance.

I once saw a furniture store with those moveable letters that said "SEE YOU IN CHURCH" on it.

It made me wonder: do they change the sign every Saturday before closing?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2006, 08:07:08 pm »

So... They spell fillet wrong, and also many, many other words?  How are they smug about being closed on Sundays?  Do they put a sing in their windows that says "Closed on Sundays, you fat fuck!  Sorry you have to wait 'til Monday to fill you gullet!  And oh yeah,  Jesus loves you!"

Close. From the Chick-fil-A website.

"Admittedly, closing all of our restaurants every Sunday makes us a rarity in this day and age. But it's a little habit that has always served us well, so we're planning to stick with it.

Our founder, Truett Cathy, wanted to ensure that every Chick-fil-A employee and restaurant operator had an opportunity to worship, spend time with family and friends or just plain rest from the work week. Made sense then, still makes sense now."

Actually i'm not against businesses shutting down for one day a week.  I do think it's a good thing to give their people a day to be with their familes, but that statement, which sounds pretty much the same as the placard I saw in front of their kiosk at the mall food court really strikes me as smug.  I guess that's just the way things are these days, you can't just do a good thing, you have to tell everyone that you are doing a good thing so you are sure to be given the credit for it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up