Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Dying a Hash related death...  (Read 21680 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2006, 04:51:44 pm »

We like the Chic-Fil-A because it's good for the kiddies.  Lizzie likes her some chicken nuggets, and you can get a fruit cup with the kid's meal rather than fries.  Also, their kid's meal toys tend to be little books, rather than crappy movie tie-in plastic toys.  This is a direct off-shoot of the chain's Christian orientation (they say they want to help instill "virtues"), but since they don't whack you over the head with it too hard, so be it.

Also, Chic-Fil-A is not unreasonable when you're dieting.  Their salads are tasty and lo-cal, and a grilled chicken sandwich value meal is 12 old-formula Weight Watchers points.  Compared to, say, a Chipotle burrito, you'd be doing pretty well.


Come on people, you know you've eaten bad for you stuff that terrifies you, so confess.  Confess.

When I was in high school, we'd go to Long John Silver's, and get a bucket of just the little crispy batter bits.  "Crunchies," we called them.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2006, 05:37:59 pm »

So wait, was there actually giraffe in the batter, or was it just like... Fried Batter?

Also, I just remembered something really bad for you that I've eaten, and is traditional Aboriginal-Metis food: Fry Bread.  That's a piece of bannock dough, deep fried in animal-fat-based grease to the point that even when cold, when you bite in, there is a moderate squirt of grease that enters you mouth on each bite.  Sometimes this is tossed in a bag of cinnamon and sugar.  Also a traditional food that is the even more bad for you: the Lard Sandwich - you take the same piece of fried bannock, or sometimes baked bannock depending, and you basically put a slice of lard inside of it, and that is your lunch.  I'm not kidding.  My grandfather lived of lard sandwiches as a kid.  Also, a beaver's tail is a delicacy to some people.  My coworker grew up in a traditional Deni tribe and she tells me that if you take a beaver tail, which is basically just fat and skin, and you put it over a fire, as it cooks the tail splits opened and the fat inside makes the outer skin crispy.  She says she loves it - but I am terrified.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2006, 05:49:20 pm »

FYI Wendy's will let you sub-out the fries for free for any combo and BK will swap fries for applesauce for the kiddies.

How can we talk about sickening greasy food and not mention that horrific breakfast sandwich at Burger King? It's so terrifying.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2006, 06:31:24 pm »

As I pass a billboard near my house depicting the Meatgantuan Omelette Abomination, or whatever it's called, I can sometimes feel little blockages forming in my arteries.

Sometimes I hear them plotting to make me buy one, so they can finally unionize.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2006, 06:38:39 pm »

Okay folks, a few years ago I created a recipe.. a recipe that will kill you.

It's my own version of Carbonera with some modifications.  (I like messing about in the kitchen see.)  I have made it four times in my life and I serve it with wine so that the blood is thin and no one dies of a heart attack right there on the spot.

Alfredo Sauce:

1 stick of butter
A good sized block of Parmeggiano-Reggiano Cheese (I use a fuck*ng ton, but whatever is your taste)
1 1/2 Pints of Heavy Cream
Cracked Pepper
Fresh Basil Leaves
Parsley
A smidge olive oil to taste
(Optional) Bacon, cook it seperately and crumble those bad boys in there

This part is simple, just mix that shit in a bowl and let it simmer.  SIMMER DAMN YOU!  Don't get it too hot or the cheese and/or cream with skin and burn.  Bad you if you do this.

Chicken:

1 Chicken Breast
Bread Crumbs
3 Cloves of Garlic
Light Dry Wine (Chardonnay or something is fine)
Pepper
Oregano

Cut slits in the Chicken and place the garlic on the inside.  In a pan put a little butter base down and pour some of the wine, get it smoking.  Roll the chicken in a little milk (or the leftover cream if you're daring) and coat it with the breadcrumbs (I like home made garlic ones myself, but whatever floats your proverbial boat).  Sear that mutha and season it.  The outside should be golden brown while the inside should be just DELICIOUS

Noodles:

Fettucini Noodles
Water
Pot
Fire
Duh

If you cannot boil noodles then please poke your eyes out with skewers and then run outside telling everyone you are a useless human being.  (I'm kidding.. I love you.. baby baby I promise)

So then, it goes noodles with a little well in the middle, then the chicken, then an assload of sauce.

Much like some sort of international spy woman this dish is absolutely irresistable, sexy, and deadly; serve with wine or I stab you.


Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2006, 07:19:19 pm »

How can we talk about sickening greasy food and not mention that horrific breakfast sandwich at Burger King? It's so terrifying.

Yeah, the Meatnormous Giant Breakfast Motherfucker definitely qualifies for this thread. Personally, though, I'm still trying to cope with the existence of the McGriddle, which people say is delicious but which squicks me to no end. It's a sandwich with PANCAKES FOR THE BREAD. A fast-food sandwich, with fast-food pancakes? WRONG, SORRY, TRY AGAIN
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2006, 07:46:47 pm »

McGriddles taste like so much ass.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2006, 07:55:31 pm »

I have this problem with McGriddles - many of my friends, whose culinary tastes I would say range from pedestrian to gourmet (and all of whom are credible, food-wise anyway), swear that McGriddles taste like what angels would taste like if you covered them with syrup and bacon.  I'm still conflicted though, because as has been mentioned, pancakes ARE NOT BREAD.  It seems like it'd be another "maple bacon" fiasco where instead of being maple-smoked or something sensible like that, it's SWEET BACON.

I don't need any sweet bacon.

Also, according to one or two of these friends:  one McGriddle is OK.  Two is instantaneous death in the most horrible way possible.  I do not exactly understand this distinction.

So, I haven't had one, and kinda don't plan on it, especially since this morning's McDonald's breakfast mistake.  If I ever get one, I'll be sure to let you guys (and my friends) know exactly how I feel about it.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2006, 08:01:02 pm »

Has anyone eaten a Thickburger? Carolus Linnaeus would classify those as obscenely horrifying.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2006, 09:52:19 pm »

Okay folks, a few years ago I created a recipe.. a recipe that will kill you.


Theres too many foodies areound here for me not to comment. (Feel free to start a NEW thread with your recipes, btw, you'll see there are many recipe threads already)

I think that if you decide the smoked pork product (I like Pancetta in mine or even small cubes of smoked italian ham) is optional, you should probably not call this Pasta Carbonara. So, snarkily,, I'd say you have a nice Breaded Chicken (it sounds good) and Fettucini Alfredo w/Basil recipe here and I might just try it.

The 'classic' Pesentation of Spaghetti Carbonara (which means, literally, "Spagehtti served in the manner of Coal Miners") always contains bacon or pancetta and features raw egg or egg yolk tossed with the pasta and sauce right before serving. The recipe I'm most fond of has only 5 ingredients and three steps  I usually also add some very fresh blanched green peas in mine if I can get good ones. Probably heretical.

I served a nice Fume Blanc with my version once and it was quite good.




Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2006, 09:57:57 pm »

Theres too many foodies areound here for me not to comment. (Feel free to start a NEW thread with your recipes, btw, you'll see there are many recipe threads already)

I think that if you decide the smoked pork product (I like Pancetta in mine or even small cubes of smoked italian ham) is optional, you should probably not call this Pasta Carbonara.


The optional was just me being snarky.  :P

A few things I've put in this recipe that tasted amazing.  Red peppers, Yellow peppers, and snow peas, all also heretical but it tasted damn good and made me feel a teensy bit better about actually eating the dish.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2006, 09:59:43 pm »

FYI Wendy's will let you sub-out the fries for free for any combo and BK will swap fries for applesauce for the kiddies.


Also, if you don't order the meal combo at McD and just a la carte a sandwich, side salad and drink, the cost is the same. I think if you asked them for a combo and switch the fries for a side salad, they would get confused, though. I know they would here.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2006, 09:59:52 pm »

Yeah, your recipe sounds good, but it ain't Carbonara.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2006, 11:07:27 pm »

I ordered the Monarchy of the Burger Meatifying Egg Death Super Slab Preservation Society once in Pittsburgh, after flying in for a wedding when we didn't have time nor energy to get anywhere but a familiar fast-food joint.

I'm not sure I'll ever do it again. I didn't couldn't finish it. That has never happened over a fast-food offering, and I used to order some artery-clogging shit back in my day. That I live to tell the tale is a bit of a testament. I hurt my jaw trying to get the first couple of bites in. I don't know what kind of orifice that thing was made to go into...

...except maybe Gina's pu$$y.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dying a Hash related death...
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2006, 11:13:00 pm »

Yeah, your recipe sounds good, but it ain't Carbonara.

I-I Just wanted to share my beloved deadly recipe.. screw all of you!  I'm going home to mother!  *Runs out of the room weeping*



I kid I kid.. okay.. I won't call it Carbonera from now I'll.. I'll just call it.. um... Bobbie Jones...  I should make Bobbie Jones again soon I think.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up