Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Poll

Drunken Achewood Chatroom

Yes, definitly.
- 14 (66.7%)
No, I don't like you people.
- 3 (14.3%)
Yes, but only if we're drinking/split.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 20


Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Ache-y Chat  (Read 14671 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Ache-y Chat
« on: December 31, 2005, 05:50:16 pm »

Hi all,

So in the sorta-defunct book club thread I raised the idea of anyone who is interested in meeting in some chatroom somewhere, possibly while imbibing in alcoholic beverages. Why?  To talk about all things Achewood and hopefully embarrass ourselves.  I think it would be entertaining meet in this format, especially since some of us will probably never get to go to an Achecon.  It was raised that we would need to do this thing on a weekend so that any members in bizarro-land-time-zones can still come to the par-tay.  Certainly no one has to drink if they don't want to, but it would add to the fun if a few of us were getting lightly toasted, and I've recently had a large bottle of vodka mysteriously appear out of nowhere (seriously, I have no idea where it came from). 

Also, if anyone has preference as to where we could meet, please throw down your suggestions here!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 07:00:21 pm »

I am down.. so down... drunken chatting is a gift from the deities that reminds us to stay humble (When we later realize what we said).

Classically, IRC is where things like this should be handled.  I suspect Slashnet is easiest.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 07:45:50 pm »

IRC is almost certainly easiest, yes.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 12:00:01 am »

I guess, but I'd like to do something on a server that won't be latent or down all the dang time.

AIM has a chat room feature that we used once before to have a chat with Onstad.  Maybe that's the way to go?

I guess I could find a copy of mIRC somewhere, but isn't IRC like gopher, use(less)net, and telnet BBSs now?

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 01:26:14 am »


AIM has a chat room feature that we used once before to have a chat with Onstad.


How did that go?
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 01:40:32 am »

I guess I could find a copy of mIRC somewhere, but isn't IRC like gopher, use(less)net, and telnet BBSs now?

But that's part of the CHARM. There are flashier (and probably Flash-ier) options available, but nothing beats the scrolling smackdown of IRC chat rooms. Nothing, I tell you!

It still has its uses - IRC is my primary means of... ahem... melodic entertainment binary files.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 03:29:56 am »

Is this happening or what?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 07:45:44 pm »

Given that I rarely have anything useful to add to this forum as it stands, I can't imagine that I'd be any more loquacious in a real-time chat.  But if I can use it as an excuse to drink, I might drop in.....
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 10:03:59 pm »

Given that I rarely have anything useful to add to this forum as it stands...

Perish the thought.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 01:06:18 am »

I like IRC.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 11:14:07 pm »

I'll be the first to name my timing desires for a drunken chat - I work early mornings, so the nights that are best for me are the ones before days off - this week, that will be Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday night. After the 9th, they will be Friday and Saturday night.

I am in the Eastern time zone (knowing what time it is for most who will join in will probably be helpful).
Logged

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 11:28:13 pm »

I'm game, even though I'm not that talky (but then again, the plan is to get tanked to the uvula, so - please don't ban me!). I can join in, according to my post's timestamp, from 10 pm onwards pretty much everyday until the middle of this month. What's it gonna be again? Mirc? Jesus, I'm so unfunnily old.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 11:58:23 pm by yu-huang »
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 01:15:01 am »

I am a central standard time zone gal.  I am good for any time between 2:00 PM and a 11:00 PM start time, and would prefer a Friday night or weekend if at all possible.  I am not technically aware enough to dictated where we meet, just tell me where to go and what to do, and I'll be there.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 09:04:22 pm »

Since no one else is taking the ball and running, I will make a room, probably tonight on Slashnet for IRC, and it will be called #TOUAMB.  I will probably create it later in the evening (around 8-ish CST).  I will leave it open all weekend (even if I am NOT THERE, it is like magic what I do for you people.) so it's like you know, an open house.

If you need instructions please shoot me a message.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 09:31:57 pm »

Since no one else is taking the ball and running, I will make a room, probably tonight on Slashnet for IRC, and it will be called #TOUAMB.  I will probably create it later in the evening (around 8-ish CST).  I will leave it open all weekend (even if I am NOT THERE, it is like magic what I do for you people.) so it's like you know, an open house.

If you need instructions please shoot me a message.

What ports does Slashnet run on? My college has inexplicably blocked 6667 and 7000, so if Slashnet doesn't run there, I may have to sit out. Weep, sob, divers alarums & excursions, etc.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up