Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Poll

Drunken Achewood Chatroom

Yes, definitly.
- 14 (66.7%)
No, I don't like you people.
- 3 (14.3%)
Yes, but only if we're drinking/split.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 20


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Ache-y Chat  (Read 14659 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 09:35:05 pm »

All IRC utilizes 6667 as a standard, HOWEVER, we can work around this.  I'm about to leave work but I'll shoot you a PM with some test info.

Edit: Okay, not all... MOST (before someone goes all Pat on me and points out DALnet uses port 7000) :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 09:39:15 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 09:39:03 pm »

Um, wouldn't it be better to post instructions here?  For, like, the people who never get around to PMing you, and the ones who don't want to admit they might show up, and, well, you know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 09:39:46 pm »

Okay, I will also do that... WHEN I GET HOME.


The things I do for the love of you wonderful people.  :P
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 11:26:08 pm »

IRC for those of you who do not know.

Windows Users


Go here (it's not the best client I think, but it's the easiest) and download it from one of the servers that are close to you.  (It doesn't really matter which one).

Install and just say okay on the prompts, you can always remove the proggy later if you're worried about security holes and whatnot.  (Which there won't be if you're not on the program but I'm getting beyond what we're talking about here).

Okay, the program will open right after install, just hit continue.

The next screen is your info screen.  I would suggest not entering your real full name or email but that's me, pick a nickname and an alternative (in case your 1st choice is taken).

On the left you'll see some menu options, select server on the left, a new interface will open on the right.  Drop down the first menu and select Slashnet.  Hit OK.

Then hit the little Lightning bolt icon on the upper left of the program window and it will connect.  On the bar type /join #touamb, and it will take you to our room.  Yay! 

Linux Users


Come on, if you're running any of the *nix OS's you should already know this, just move on.

Mac Users


I haven't worked with Macs in some time, but I understand this is where it's at.  I can't give you a play by play on it but I can provide advice if you get stuck, shoot me a message.


We're all about education.


Also the room is up,  I'm not here because I"m about to start dinner and whatnot, but feel free to hang out, I'll be off and on till later.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2006, 12:02:25 am »

I'm logged in, and will remain so, but I won't be back online until after 11PM EST because I will be watching sci-fi tv and eating sauteed giraffe and vegetables.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2006, 01:42:26 am »

I'm in there but no one is talking. Comon!! I'm impatient and get cranky easily!
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2006, 01:51:34 am »

Looks like it's not connecting. Sorry, sports, but you'll all just have to live without my scintillating wit.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2006, 03:47:50 am »

Um, anyone planning to be on tomorrow evening?  My technical staff, security division, forbade me to download any new software and says I have to use the perfectly good IRC that comes with Mozilla. He then left me to go skiing and isn't here to help.  I got as far as being told to choose a nickname, which was already taken - the nerve! - but it is making it complicated to start over and pick a new nickname.  And it wants an email address to send an activation code to, and I need to ask the technical staff which of my disposable addresses still work.  Yes, I am a helpless female.  I swear, in the old days I ran labs where I was the only one who knew how to use the computer, but these newfangled devices....  Anyway, I have to go to work tomorrow so I can't really stay up any longer arguing with it.

Technology.  Damn kids, get off my lawn.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2006, 03:53:22 am »

I'm leaving it up all weekend, and if enough people stick around, possibly just keeping it up... so yes.  If you need some assistance tomorrow just lemme know. :)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2006, 04:16:42 am »

We've got a good group going, but we need more folks.

I'm looking at you Paul.  And AD.  And Smells.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 04:47:09 am »

Um, anyone planning to be on tomorrow evening?  My technical staff, security division, forbade me to download any new software and says I have to use the perfectly good IRC that comes with Mozilla. He then left me to go skiing and isn't here to help.  I got as far as being told to choose a nickname, which was already taken - the nerve! - but it is making it complicated to start over and pick a new nickname.  And it wants an email address to send an activation code to, and I need to ask the technical staff which of my disposable addresses still work.  Yes, I am a helpless female.  I swear, in the old days I ran labs where I was the only one who knew how to use the computer, but these newfangled devices....  Anyway, I have to go to work tomorrow so I can't really stay up any longer arguing with it.

Technology.  Damn kids, get off my lawn.

I'm not sure that there's an IRC client that comes with Mozilla, but there is one *for* Mozilla here: http://www.hacksrus.com/~ginda/chatzilla/ (scroll down to the bottom right and click on install) You may need to enable popups on that page to install it...it's just a plugin. Then restart your browser, go here:   http://www.slashnet.org/servers/ click on a server, then type /join #touamb in the bar as mentioned above
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2006, 05:34:28 am »

The pre-approved Firefox installation site for the same .xpi extension installer of ChatZilla is here: https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=16&application=firefox - so you don't have to update preferences or anything. It's what I use for IRC (when I do IRC).
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 02:22:26 pm »

I'm there at the mo, but no one is talking to me. For shame, people. For shame.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 02:31:29 pm »

I'm there at the mo, but no one is talking to me. For shame, people. For shame.

it is because you lack the doctor peppers necessary to considered more than 3/5 of a human being
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2006, 03:15:47 pm »

I'm there at the mo, but no one is talking to me. For shame, people. For shame.

...or because it's 9:00 in the morning and things seem to hop later in the evening.

*      . . . . o o o o o
*                   _____      o           _______
*    ___ ====  ]OO|_n_n__][.    |  lamer |
*   [________]_|__|________)<  |  ville   |
*    oo    oo  'oo OOOO-| oo\\_   ~~~|~~~
*+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-$1-+--+--+--+--+


OH FOR THE SAKE OF FUCK I MADE IT BACKWARDS!!!!
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up