Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Poll

Drunken Achewood Chatroom

Yes, definitly.
- 14 (66.7%)
No, I don't like you people.
- 3 (14.3%)
Yes, but only if we're drinking/split.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 20


Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Ache-y Chat  (Read 14673 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2006, 01:09:32 am »

I didn't use those instructions (see my earlier post about not being permitted to download new software when there's a perfectly good mIRC with Mozilla.)  I am now trying that web-based one that worked for V, above.

Dang, why can't we just all get on the messageboard at once and send lots of messages that way?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2006, 01:21:21 am »

Oh, OK.  I was thinking that maybe the guy got back from skiing with a change of heart (or whatever).

Good luck!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2006, 01:49:40 am »

After heartrending long distance pleading I was permiited to download the software on the more easily reconstructable computer.

But IT STILL ISN"T WORKING.  Unless everyone has gone away again and I'm really the only one there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2006, 02:25:25 am »

No, I'm just staying on and there are several people listed as on-line, even if they're away from their puters.

That sucks.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2006, 03:46:18 am »

Woah.. what in the now?  I just got in.. we need wombat presence.  What is the trouble oh womby one?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2006, 12:23:32 pm »

I had to go to bed so I could get up and go to work.

In both the Mozilla program and the one I downloaded per your instructions, it looked like it worked, but obviously I was in some big echoy empty room where someone had hastily scrawled 'toumb' on a scrap of paper and stuck it on the door over the sign that said what that room really was.   In the web-based one they made me register a nickname and then when I tried to log in, I kept getting a message that said that I wasn't recognized and that if I'd just registered it might take a few minutes...  which it kept saying for about an hour.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2006, 06:12:12 pm »

Sorry I wasn't on last night; I was at a friend's birthday party into the wee hours of the night. Mea culpa.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2006, 06:28:40 pm »

I had a wonderful time last night, but I think it's fair to say we've officially had the TOUAMB Lost Weekend.  Lots of fun, I hope you're all still alive (Misterqueue?  Jough?), and thank you for helping to finally give this board a legitimate reason to ban the word #####.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2006, 06:29:38 pm »

the fuck*ng t is the important part.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2006, 06:45:05 pm »

I am indeed alive as is Jough, since he was just chatting on-chan a second ago.

I appologize for being #####_come_off last night... well not appologize, more like am amused by...

Anyway wombat, I'm not sure why it isn't working.  What was the exact error it gave you?  If you have any other chatty program somewhere I can walk you through things REAL TIME if you like.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2006, 06:47:49 pm »

The question on everyone's lips last night: Where's AlohaDawg? Who the hell are Lemmer and Neuro? and Will Paul be dropping by?

Also, V & Wombat, you were greatly missed.  The men also hoped for appearances buy Hobot and Bea.  Those boys.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2006, 07:49:54 pm »

Smells, it's not like you weren't enough woman for us - just that you get ten drunken guys and one girl and well, the attention tends to get divided one way.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2006, 07:50:04 pm »

but I think it's fair to say we've officially had the TOUAMB Lost Weekend. 

Damn and I missed it.  I don't suppose there's a transcript?  [pathetic](I used to read the transcripts of the Wigu chat room but was too shy to go on it except once.)[/pathetic]

I'll probably mess with the program again tonight, I was pretty tired by the time I was downloading the right one.  I'll try not to cry.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2006, 07:50:57 pm »

There damn well better NOT be transcripts, or some of us are going to prison.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ache-y Chat
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2006, 07:53:07 pm »

and Will Paul be dropping by?

I dropped by for a while on Friday.  Last night my friends threw me a SURPRISE Birthday/Going Away party.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up