Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy New Year!  (Read 4416 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Happy New Year!
« on: January 01, 2006, 04:55:49 am »

I hope that 2006 is a better year than 2005 for each and every one of you, whether 2005 was great or lousy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 06:39:46 am »

this year: I will graduate from high school. I will go to college. I will get out of Charlotte, North Carolina, whether I remain in NC, or go all the way to Upstate New York.
I will get to the part of my life where I do fun things, and new things, and the part where I don't sleep in my parent's house every night.

Happy f'in new year, everyone.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 07:17:00 am »

Happy new year, all.

Good luck with that, theinevitable. I'm at the stage four years down where, unless something explodes, I will graduate from college this year (WOOOO CLASS OF '06) and go onto graduate school. Let's hope I get an acceptance letter and that it doesn't blow.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 07:26:24 am »

I have named the year 2006.

The year 2006 shall heretofore be known as: The Year of the Fortuitous Coincidence.

Worry not, yon traveller. Fortuitous Coincidence shall aid thee in times of need.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 01:33:46 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 04:00:25 pm »

I hope 2006 is the year in which Paul continues to show us fire shooting out of ever bigger and/or better things. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 05:09:33 pm »

Good gravy my head hurts so fuck*ng bad I can't even tell you.

anyway happy new year everyone.  I hope it goes better than my head goes.. and that doesn't even make sense.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 07:40:28 pm »

I spent last night reading The Brothers Karamazov in an acquaintance's kitchen while he and a horde of people got drunk and high in his garage.  But at least my SO and my good friend were playing excellent music for a while.  And at least a particular friend of mine didn't throw up all over the place, requiring me to wipe her face off and hold back her hair while she tried to make out with me before passing out on the toilet, like last New Year's Eve.

2005 was applying Early Decision and getting accepted to Smith, getting dumped after an almost three-year relationship, starting another relationship that just passed the one-year mark, doing better academically in my senior year of high school than in any year previously, making new friends and losing some old ones, the death of loved ones, moving to the Great White North, surviving my first semester of college, and lots of good, old-fashioned personal growth.

Happy New Year, "y'all."  Good luck in the coming year.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 08:36:07 pm »

I didn't realize how badly 2005 sucked till last night when we toasted the new year.  A big break-up, the suicide of three friends, illness, shitty world events and a lousy Mariners season.  That I didn't realize how shitty it was can only be attributed to one thing:  alcohol.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2006, 10:02:59 pm »

Here's a picture of me and the missus having fun last night:


And another (I'm Geordie LaForge-in' it with her tiara):

It appears that i'm not the only one here with a happening moustache.

The multiple wine glasses tell the story here.  One hint for the future, always put the lady in the forefront of the picture.

Happy New Year...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2006, 10:10:12 pm »

I didn't realize how badly 2005 sucked till last night when we toasted the new year.  A big break-up, the suicide of three friends, illness, shitty world events and a lousy Mariners season.  That I didn't realize how shitty it was can only be attributed to one thing:  alcohol.

Here's to 2006 not sucking nearly so bad for you.  For me, '05 was totally sucky from a work standpoint as I've mentioned before., but it took a major turn for the better at the end.  Other than work though '05 was pretty good for me.  I've had a lot of fun, i've experienced a lot of personal growth and have accomplished some goals.  More and better to come in '06.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2006, 10:54:39 pm »

I spent last night reading The Brothers Karamazov in an acquaintance's kitchen while he and a horde of people got drunk and high in his garage.  But at least my SO and my good friend were playing excellent music for a while.  And at least a particular friend of mine didn't throw up all over the place, requiring me to wipe her face off and hold back her hair while she tried to make out with me before passing out on the toilet, like last New Year's Eve.

You can't really tell from the picture, but among other things, I climbed to the top of an abandonded Silo with this girl. Here she is on the ladder which sorta proves we were messing about on a condemed decaying structure.  She's not a "SO", but somehow this picture seems pertinent to the discussion.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2006, 11:26:50 pm »

Is her last name "Simmons"?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2006, 11:28:46 pm »

I spent last night reading The Brothers Karamazov in an acquaintance's kitchen while he and a horde of people got drunk and high in his garage.

Yeah, I've been to parties like that. The best one was the one in high school where my least clueful friend decided we all needed to drink non-alcoholic margaritas, which resulted in us standing in the supermarket at 10:30 PM on New Year's Eve, the only customers in the place, attempting to buy margarita salt, without a legal drinker among us. I'm amazed they actually sold it to us.

(Also, as I learned later that night, non-alcoholic margaritas are terrible.)

Quote
2005 was applying Early Decision and getting accepted to Smith, getting dumped after an almost three-year relationship, starting another relationship that just passed the one-year mark, doing better academically in my senior year of high school than in any year previously, making new friends and losing some old ones, the death of loved ones, moving to the Great White North, surviving my first semester of college, and lots of good, old-fashioned personal growth.

Out of curiosity, how's Smith/the Five-Colleges area working out for you? I just applied to UMass for graduate school, but I'm curious how the actual Amherst/Northampton lifestyle works in practice.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up