Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy New Blogs - January '06  (Read 11173 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy New Blogs - January '06
« on: January 02, 2006, 04:41:56 pm »

I guess it's sad that Chris is complaining about his sad old phone which is still newer than mine. I don't even have a SIM. But on the plus side I just used my 1,000th minute. It only took 4 years.

Sadly I'm going to have to agree with Pat that shows overlapping is huge pain in the ass. Although I've never seen The O'Reilly Factor.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 05:27:27 pm »

Although I've never seen The O'Reilly Factor.

You should say this with pride.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

estevus

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5
  • R E A D
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 05:37:28 pm »

Sadly I'm going to have to agree with Pat that shows overlapping is huge pain in the ass.

What's worse is when you have stations like TBS that run their programming five minutes later than other stations. Or at least that's how it was for the longest time. Do they still do that anymore, or have they gotten the hint?

Even though Pat's a dick, I wish him luck getting the WPM up over 100. That's no mean feat.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 05:48:46 pm »

No, TBS stopped with Turner Time a while ago. I'm mainly talking about Alias running until 10:01 thus making my TiVo record Mythbusters at like 1am. Or for about 2 years Fox would start the Simpsons at 7:59 but would still list it at 8 so I'd always miss the couch gag.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 06:11:21 pm »

They did that on purpose just to fuck up Tivoing/recording people.  It backfired on them, though, as people just stopped watching the shows that they did that with.

NBC was the major culprit, starting shows early, ending other shows early - so much so that they went from being the #1 network to #4 (behind Fox, even) in just one season.

Consequently, they don't do that anymore.

P.S. The spell check wanted to change "Tivoing" to "Diving" - and I think I may experiment for a week by letting the spell check change anything it doesn't like.  It should make proper names more fun!

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 06:56:18 pm »

Using NetZero is so Pat.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 07:32:25 pm »

Just two months ago my cell phone did weird things and I assumed that SOS was a shortcut to calling customer service.

Same result, and I was pissed too. Why would you not just put '911' there?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 10:39:54 pm »


Same result, and I was pissed too. Why would you not just put '911' there?

For the same reason that the 'on/off' buttons on phones never say 'on' and/or 'off'?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 10:56:08 pm »

For the same reason that the 'on/off' buttons on phones never say 'on' and/or 'off'?

Quote from: Douglas Adams
Ford flipped the switch which he saw was marked "Mode Execute Ready" instead of the now old-fashioned "Access Standby" that had so long ago replaced the appallingly stone-aged "Off."
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 11:11:01 pm »

I used to have to manually dial my modem to connect to my SLIP account, long ago.  I don't miss that.  Come to think of it, I don't miss anything about using the Interwebs then, except that ads were Evil and Not The Thing To Do.  I didn't have to modify my own hosts file to turn off annoying looping ads with sound in a game I already pay a fee to play.  Assholes. I also regret not getting a five-digit ICQ number, but there you go.

Currently ESPN is doing that annoying non-specific time thing which messes up my TiVo to no end, but all it really means is that I don't watch the shows I told it to record, which I am assuming is not their goal.  As long as I get Mike and Mike in the Morning properly, I get enough ESPN for any given day, really.  So.

Wow, this must be what it would be like to have a regularly-updated blog of my own!  Mood: Fiendish
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 11:30:16 pm »

At least ESPN has the excuse of not knowing exactly how long a given event will take. Unless they show stuff on tape or show non-event programming in which case what's the point of even calling themselves a sports channel?
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 04:45:45 pm »

Using NetZero is so Pat.

I agree.  I like the way Blogger was able to get all his "hello"s and modem strings, though.
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 01:07:26 am »

I hope his dog is all right.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 02:08:46 pm »

So I'm confused. Are the racoons actually sentient and saying things or is Ray just making up stuff they would say? Or did it change halfway through the blog entry? Man, Achewood is complicated.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy New Blogs - January '06
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 03:54:37 pm »

I suspect raccoons are kind of like dogs:  sentient, but not the sharpest tools in the shed.  All revertin' to primal squeaks.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up