Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06  (Read 6483 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile

CLASSIC.
Ray has got some awesome rhymes, y'all.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net

Does anyone have a working link to the "I Love Boners" roller-skating classic, or do I have to pay for Serializer to see that again?
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

OMG LYLE!  Finally!

Though I am disappointed in his choice of chest tattoo it does seem fitting.

I will be happy when the diabetes talk is finished; I will be happy like the clam is... happy.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile

So, how's Beef gonna die this time?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Oh man.  This one was painful to read, with SO MANY failed attempts at bringing the funny in one strip.

Lyle Sitting in the Sink = Unfunny
Chevy Tattoo = Unfunny
Ray's Rap = Mild Chuckle, awaiting the Actual Funny
"Why Come?" instead of "How Come?" = Unfunny
Lyle's Not Using Soap = Unfunny
"Fruit Boots" for Roller Skates = Unfunny (although one could hope that a character will DIE because of the skates)
Oh-three-plus-three = 2006, and Unfunny
Ray's Explanation of Other Sports = Unfunny
Johnnie Cochran rhymes = Ouch, Baby.  Embarrassingly Unfunny
Alt Text = Don't Go There, Girlfriend

I know they can't all be gems, but this one sounds like someone who is trying to write an Achewood fanfic strip and failing miserably.

If the funny don't fit, you must quit.

At least the baby update is cute.  Thank god for the baby updates.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com

Does anyone have a working link to the "I Love Boners" roller-skating classic, or do I have to pay for Serializer to see that again?

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

This is the correct thread title.  Thank you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile

Naked Lyle is eminently repulsive. But...but...being so tiny that you can bathe in a sink = cute.

I'm sorry, it just is.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/




Thank you sir, that was the perfect antidote for today's so-so strip.
Even though, and I know it's not your fault, "Click to visit ImageShack for Image Hosting" is the worst alt text ever.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site

You guys are insane.

I was waiting for the strip to load with hell of anticipation, since there had been none for some days.  Then, the first thing I saw was Lyle bathing in a sink and it made me laugh hard.  I mean c'mon, it's friggin' Lyle, and he's in a sink!

The dialogue was a little lackluster from then on, but after the first panel, I decided this strip could do no wrong.
Logged
ACHIEVE

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 11:00:48 pm »

Has Onstad been reading, is he an acknowledged lurker or he left for good (bear with the new dude)? Weren't we talking about more Patness and more Lyleness a while ago?
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 11:18:49 pm »

Chris and/or Teodor had better blog an explanation about the shower.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 11:33:33 pm »

Has Onstad been reading, is he an acknowledged lurker or he left for good (bear with the new dude)? Weren't we talking about more Patness and more Lyleness a while ago?

Generally, there is constant chatter about more Patness and more Lyle.

As for Onstad's presence here, he may read but he hasn't posted in awhile. My opinion about that is that he understands that it's better for him to create without interacting very much with fawning fans and vitriolic critics. Dumbrella kind of proved that.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 11:39:01 pm by AlohaDawg »
Logged

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 11:48:44 pm »

Oh, for sure, I was just wondering wildly.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 11:57:20 pm »

Now I'm wondering how a stuffed tiger even gets a tattoo. I guess it's just ink?

I laughed at the concepts and at Ray's good-eating rhymes, but this strip somehow needed more Lyle despite having quite a bit of Lyle. That's just plain eerie.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up