Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scots Wikipedia  (Read 1209 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Scots Wikipedia
« on: January 04, 2006, 01:52:17 am »

I KNOW it's a real language, spoken by real people.

I know it's a source of national pride.

But I can't help but laugh my ass off when I read the Scots Wikipedia out loud to myself.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Scots Wikipedia
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 07:06:53 am »

Fuck, man.  Where was this when I needed to fulfill my BA language requirement?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Scots Wikipedia
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 12:47:51 pm »

This is truly awesome, and seems to explain some of those 'not really sure if they are words' words like gotten.
I'm reading the entry on scotland at the moment which is good but I won't be truly happy until there is an entry on Star Trek.
Although oddly there is an entry on 'what not to wear'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up