Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: the few comics on my site  (Read 6078 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
the few comics on my site
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2003, 09:26:16 pm »

Yes, Killing An Arab is actually my FAVOURITE Cure song.  I can't believe I forgot that one.  

Anything that references Camus automatically gets my vote, but that they do so with such a great early-Joy-Division-esque vibe is all the better.

V-Adore

  • Guest
the few comics on my site
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2003, 12:59:48 am »

I haven't heard Killing An Arab, but IMHO, any song based on Camus has to be excellent. (Tangentially, has there been a band called "The Myth of Sisyphus" yet? Because that would be a wonderful band name, to the point that I sort of want to make a band just to claim it.)

Guilty confession: even though I know what a stupid mistake it is, my brain keeps inexplicably confusing the Cure with Rush. I may need a lobotomy.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
the few comics on my site
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2003, 01:56:33 am »

I don't know if there's a band named "The Myth of Sisyphus," but I wrote a short story about Mrs. Sisyphus who was making bread while waiting for her husband to come home.

V-Adore

  • Guest
the few comics on my site
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2003, 02:19:08 am »

Rock on, Jough. Just totally rock on.

Does her bread keep spontaneously collapsing in the oven just as it's about to be done baking?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
the few comics on my site
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2003, 02:33:18 am »

Well, she has to keep kneading it, of course.

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
old thread, i know
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2004, 08:13:22 pm »

i moved my comics to a different section on my site, so i updated the links above.  also i changed how they get displayed--now you only see one at a time.  also (and i can't remember if it was this way before or not) you can now post comments!  right now the comments aren't specific to which exact one you are looking at, but they are separate for the nazi comics and the linz comics.  take a look again if you like, otherwise feel free to ignore me . . .

also, most of my site is up on my new host, but there are a couple things i'm still working on
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
the few comics on my site
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2004, 08:40:06 pm »

This is the first I noticed of this, and I'm going to stick with "if you can't say anything nice" for the most part - except for mr linzmeyer comic 3 panel 1, I could have done without "nigger spray" probably. There is something nice about comic 1 panel 4, though.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
the few comics on my site
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2004, 12:34:06 am »

Dude, the writing is so small and scribbly that I can't read it.

Nice effort, though.

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
the few comics on my site
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2004, 01:47:17 am »

yeah i need to get better scans of them--i actually replaced the handwritten text with a font on one or two of them i think, but really i think better scans will help the most--or maybe i need to get bigger scans :)
Logged

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
the few comics on my site
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2004, 05:54:25 pm »

I was never allowed to wear a hat in school, but I think coats were ok.  and a few years after graduating, the high school adopted a stricter dress code, regulating length of skirts/shorts, and I even think something about if a girl is wearing a tank top, she either has to wear a matching color bra or no bra at all.  I'm not 100% sure on the exact outlines of it, or if the guidelines are even still in place, but it was kind of odd to have such stipulations
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
the few comics on my site
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2004, 07:06:48 pm »

My high school had a "no hats" policy, but being Jewish I'm technically under commandment to keep my head covered at all times except in private. So I wore a beret and "forgot" to wear a yarmulke underneath so that it would be a violation of the commandment for me to take off the beret, and eventually they just gave up trying to get me to take it off. By my senior year they'd amended the rule to "no hats with brims during class"; I don't know if I had anything to do with that but it's nice to think that I did.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
the few comics on my site
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2004, 09:33:31 pm »

Yeah, we weren't allowed to wear hats in school either.

A friend of mine took to wearing flip-flops in school, and they kept calling his mother to bring him shoes to wear, because they said the flip-flops were a safety hazzard.

The next year the school rule book specifically said that you could not wear flip-flops.  Awesome.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
the few comics on my site
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2004, 10:06:36 pm »

At my school (where I teach, not attend), no hats, flip-flops, skirts/shorts that are too short, and, most recently, no pink. One of the "gangs" (actually just the jr. high kids that the real gangs use to sell their drugs) started wearing pink. Of all the colors for a bunch of thugs-in-training: pink?

Don't need I throwback/I look clean in my white tee.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
the few comics on my site
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2004, 10:15:01 pm »

Weird, I haven't suffered under a no-hats rule since elementary school.  I rarely even get forced to remove the fedora that I count among my occasional affectations during the anthem.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
the few comics on my site
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2004, 11:28:23 pm »

Despite the older teachers protests my school went with "no hats in the classroom" and a lot of guys really did wear their hats just for the 6 minutes they spent in the hall.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up