Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan  (Read 11586 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 05:09:46 pm »

and there will be "Alive Stuffed Animal updates"

Oh, now I really want this.  If only we could get it without a comic about a baby.

Also, nice picture of a giraffe, Matt.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 05:17:26 pm »

This board is being a dick about the size this shows up at.

I tried real hard.

Delightful. You, sir, are getting a tiny can of Dr Pepper, especially for the "gub!"
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 05:29:06 pm »

Every time a halfway decent TV show introduces a baby.....




Hey, is that the Fonz? What's in that water?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 06:18:07 pm »

Me, I'm really enjoying going to Achewood day after day and finding a new strip there. You're spoiling me big time, Onstad...

I think he got some on your face, there, sport.

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 06:30:13 pm »

I think he got some on your face, there, sport.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this particular bit of vernacular. And maybe I just don't want to be, really.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 06:35:04 pm by yu-huang »
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 06:41:37 pm »

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this particular bit of vernacular. And maybe I just don't want to be, really.

Yeah, that's about right.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 06:48:05 pm »

Drinking whiskey and "staring catatonically at your own baby pictures" is The Saddest Thing.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 07:17:55 pm »

Drinking whiskey and "staring catatonically at your own baby pictures" is The Saddest Thing.
 

Double true.  He can pine for the potential he had.  Just so damn much potential squandered.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 07:33:23 pm »

I guess I can sympathise with Onstad, though; I can't even look at baby pictures of myself without wanting to cry.  The photographs remind me how much closer I am to death.

I think this might not be healthy.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 07:39:51 pm »

Onstad's dressed like such a... dad.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 07:41:24 pm »

I guess I can sympathise with Onstad, though; I can't even look at baby pictures of myself without wanting to cry.  The photographs remind me how much closer I am to death.

I think this might not be healthy.

You're older than you've ever been and now you're even older. And now you're even older.

DAMMIT!
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 08:28:05 pm »

Double true.

If this is a reference to the "Chronicles of Narnia Rap," which you should have all seen by now, then full points to you for awesomeness.  If not, then 3/4 points for mentioning it of your own creation around the peak of its culturally significant partner.

Anyway, this is a good strip - Teodor dancing, the idea of Chris just being totally awash in cheap whiskey and getting all misty-eyed about his lost childhood, his baby saying "Gub," it's all there.

And I would be OK with inclusion of the baby from time to time.  Seeing interactions with humans is always good, expecially if they're non-communicative humans, which I imagine are sort of a mystery to the animals.  I would especially like to see Lyle's reaction when the baby is bathing in HIS DAMN SINK.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 08:52:43 pm »

And now you're older still.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 09:16:59 pm »

This day will soon be at an end, and now it's even sooner... and now it's even sooner... and now it's even sooner...

AAAARGH
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 1-5-06: Ancient Shenanigan
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 09:18:31 pm »

If this is a reference to the "Chronicles of Narnia Rap," which you should have all seen by now, then full points to you for awesomeness.

Yeah, I've added "Double true" and "Baker's Dozen" to my regular repertoire of pseudo-hipsterisms lately.

I haven't really had occasion to use "snack attack mutha fucka" yet, though.

Soon...

Oh, and Slate has an article about the song, which I think is pretty spot-on.

I saw it while it was on (the rest of the show was lame - not even Jack Black could bring the funny) and I thought it wasn't a good parody of a rap song - I thought it was a good rap song that reminded me of early Beasties stuff. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up