Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Jan 6, 05 - "What In The Hell?"  (Read 7350 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Friday - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 03:21:40 pm »

Can people stress the inane rules of posting on the internet without sounding like they trapped their dick in the car door?


Ha, ha! It was my pu$$yl lips actually.

It seemed to be the general consensus in previous instances that my insane ripping into the newbies was sort of my job, so sorry if it came across as ego.  I just remember JL reminding us that we'd gotten soft on newbies and then there was encouraging from all corners to tear strips into the newbies, and well, you know, it's trial by fire.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Friday - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 03:31:22 pm »

People, can we not have ONE Friday without the subject of side_show's pu$$yl lips and car doors coming up?

I mean really now, at this rate I'm going to stop inviting you all out to this dinner.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Friday - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 04:13:42 pm »

Oh misterqueue, you made me laugh for the second time this morn' but the Karma meter wont let me give you another can right now, since I already gave you one earlier.  Also, since we're talking about my body parts, I've been writting about cans so much lately that I can't help but thing of... you know... cans.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Friday - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 04:22:27 pm »

That's okay Miss side_show, you left a tiny can of Dr. Pepper on my heart... or on the can.

Hell I dunno, maybe they are in the same place.


By this I mean, thank you.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Friday - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 04:39:22 pm »

Oh, The Achewood Guy -  Have my retarded internet baby.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Friday - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2006, 04:43:35 pm »

Damn people, is this going to happen every time I have the day off and sleep in. I wake up and it's all genitals in doors, lube, and messy shorts. Not to mention no dates in the subject. Come on people, have some dignity.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Jan 6, 05 - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2006, 05:23:25 pm »

This comic was "mah" to me. I'm easily entertained too. I dunno, I guess you can't win 'em all.

After reading/viewing the whole strip though a thought popped into my head. The Hollywood Laser Hair...could that have some connection to the topic regarding Bozack's back hair and the suggested laser removal? Probably not but my brain is fantastical like that and I hope so much that is what Onstad was getting at. I can hope right?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 06:14:23 pm by Hobo Frenzy »
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Friday - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2006, 05:33:04 pm »

Damn people, is this going to happen every time I have the day off and sleep in. I wake up and it's all genitals in doors, lube, and messy shorts. Not to mention no dates in the subject. Come on people, have some dignity.

I know Cort.  I wanted to fix it myself, but I don't have the powers!  The powers! So instead I made my self sound like a dorky stickler, and then, well, you saw the rest.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Jan 6, 05 - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2006, 05:34:34 pm »

If you Google "Giacomo Vendelli" you get no results at all. I know I didn't.
Did Onstad consciously struggle to come up with an italian name completely unheard of?

Yeah, I guess I spend more time looking at meh strips than at awesome ones. Just digging for little details that can increase the level of funny.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 6, 05 - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2006, 05:58:41 pm »

Hello everyone I hope you all had a happy holiday season. And congratulations to those of you who understand the Internet on the new messageboard. I do not, but it seems nice and I like how the little "M" on the marquee button is constantly scrolling.

I wonder if a more funny strip would be to see what Ray and his friend INTENTIONALLY bought from a shopping network, or at least to see Ray delighted by something stupid they bought. I always love seeing Ray delighted by stupid things. Just seeing someone buy some dumb crap and be like, "Oh man, this crap is dumb," doesn't do a lot for me. I can see that basically everytime I go home for the holidays, and I see that my mom has bought a new device, for at least $300, that peels potatoes using what appears to be an exacto knife and a dialysis machine.

I did think the penpal letter was pretty funny, though.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Jan 6, 05 - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2006, 07:07:05 pm »

There's no need to feed the troll, people.  The Achewood Guy is no longer welcome here.

As for today's strip, this one landed with a dull thud.  I guess I have not written to a prison pen pal and thus do not know of the tropes of prison pen pal lettres enough to enjoy a parody of one.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Jan 6, 05 - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2006, 07:11:23 pm »

I wouldn't worry Misterqueue, a little part of me always assumes Onstad when a troll shows up here, though I'd assume (hope) the good man has better things to do with his time than bait us.

Yeah, instead of posting here, he could have made today's strip funny. 

I doubt it's Onstad, though.  I'd like to think that his wit isn't so dull.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 6, 05 - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2006, 07:54:03 pm »

okeydokey, I agree with the "dull thud" group. I dunno, maybe those intermediate panels have just too little content (in such large boxes!) to offset the copious throwaway penpal letter punchline. I mean, it doesn't sound like a Mr. Cropes-like character writing to Ray, just a desperate, money seeking, Irish-National-Lottery-Winner-esque scam artist. I guess the fact that Ray paid for that is relatively funny. Heh! But hey, Mr. Bear, and Ray with a lot of worried expressions. What more could we ask?

Was I that horrible as a brand-newbie? I remember trying to first post quite a lot.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Jan 6, 05 - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2006, 07:57:41 pm »

My friend's mom was recently "donked up" and she ordered some amusing crap from a late-night infomercial: a set of light-up flying saucer-like whirring discs that are remote-controlled and can fly like 50 feet into the air, and a set of remote-control cars that also light up.  I should mention that my friend is 20.

Any idea why the $50 Prison Pen Pal box is so large? I'm pretty sure the inmate himself is not inside.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 6, 05 - "What In The Hell?"
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2006, 07:59:53 pm »

My friend's mom was recently "donked up" and she ordered some amusing crap from a late-night infomercial: a set of light-up flying saucer-like whirring discs that are remote-controlled and can fly like 50 feet into the air, and a set of remote-control cars that also light up.  I should mention that my friend is 20.

Any idea why the $50 Prison Pen Pal box is so large? I'm pretty sure the inmate himself is not inside.

Since when is 20 too old to enjoy light-up remote control anything?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up