Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being  (Read 4979 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jmcc

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« on: January 10, 2006, 06:06:43 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01102006
I don't mind when people discuss revolting matters with me, but I don't understand their mindset in doing it.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 06:30:41 am »

Beef's reaction is entirely proper.

And so is Ray's.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 07:02:35 am »

Isn't it usually proper to not title the thread with the alt-text? Can we call it "wet pile of pink marshmallows" instead?

Ray on the computer usually equals dialogue that doesn't make a whole lot of sense
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Jan 10 2006 - BEEF! YOU HEAR ME?
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 07:43:17 am »

heh! i hate it it when people show me gruesome things! it's like "the whole point of it being gruesome is that it's unpleasant to see! why would you want to see something upleasant!" you know?
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Jan 10 2006 - BEEF! YOU HEAR ME?
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 10:00:58 am »

omgggggggggggg In this strip, Ray was probably the Ray-i-est of all time.  I liked it alot.

Except I don't like that panel where Beef is rolling his eyes.

But then again, I just remembered.

Man, nevermind.
Logged
ACHIEVE

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 11:13:40 am »

Posting here since this was posted first.  Some people should check before double posting I suspect. 

And alt text is fine for a title, even if wet pile of pink marshmallows is good imagery.

I found this one to be exactly in Ray and Beef's particular idiom so to speak, but strangely don't have much to say about it other than that.  So I guess that's good that they are how I would expect them?  I do not know.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

sam_spade

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 01:05:46 pm »

I have a guy at work who likes visiting all these "funny video" web sites. He used to send links around to such clips as "Car Sliding Backwards Downhill Thanks To Faulty Brakes" and "Four Black Men Wailing On An Asian". It's not like I started actively disliking the guy just on the basis of videos, but these things pile up.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 01:17:47 pm »

Membership agreement to what??
The Gruesome Photo of the Day Club?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 01:53:17 pm »

This is the correct thread title.  Even though I never read the Da Vinci code, so I don't know if it makes any particular sense.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 02:12:50 pm »

Merged.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 05:02:06 pm »

Membership agreement to what??
The Gruesome Photo of the Day Club?

That is all kinds of sinister, yeah, as is the "something's happening here" of the last panel. Beef's silent reactions and eventual departure are the best, though. He knows full well that Ray won't take no for an answer, so why bother?

(You know Ray is one of those guys who says things like "hey, I think this milk went bad! Taste it for me, would you?")
Logged

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 05:30:27 pm »

I see what you are saying V-Adizzle but I'm not sure the milk analogy really works, on account of Ray genuinely thinks this picture is cool. No one thinks bad milk is cool. He likes/is intrigued by this picture and wants his friend to share the experience of viewing, to the point that he even offers to just describe it (we all know he is too clueless to realize that Beef just doesn't care; he just thinks Beef is too busy to come see, and so wants to do him a favor). What I'm saying is that this strip is about friendship. I like looking at friendship, in a comic!

Biz
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

Shii

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 05:32:59 pm »

I have a guy at work who likes visiting all these "funny video" web sites. He used to send links around to such clips as "Car Sliding Backwards Downhill Thanks To Faulty Brakes" and "Four Black Men Wailing On An Asian". It's not like I started actively disliking the guy just on the basis of videos, but these things pile up.
Yes, this sort of thing happens all too often in my house. I like how Beef is just sitting there reading a book. He's not sharing his book with anyone.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 05:44:41 pm »

That is all kinds of sinister, yeah, as is the "something's happening here" of the last panel.

I think the "something's happening here" is Ray realizing he's having a sudden surge of inspiration. There are times when you just can't control the flow of creativity, you know, unless you are wearing one of those crude, embarrassing undergarments.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 05:49:39 pm »

Panels 4 and 11 rule.

Next Ray sends Beef some avi's of stick figures kung-fu fighting.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up