Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being  (Read 5002 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 05:55:54 pm »

Merged.

Oh man, AugustWest just moderated the HELL out of these threads.  Is this the first time two threads were merged on TOUAMB?  I think so.

Anyway, this one isn't really all that funny, but it's very much in character for Ray.  This one isn't very visual so it was good thinking to just show Beef getting more annoyed, since the strip was mostly just about Ray going on and on about some gruesome photo that he wanted Beef to see - people do this to me all the dang time, gruesome or otherwise.  "OH, man, you have to come see this!" So I walk over, look at their screen, and I think a little less of them because of what amuses them.  "Ah, you're looking at a puppy stuck in a basketball hoop.  Thrilling."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 06:21:26 pm »

Oh man, AugustWest just moderated the HELL out of these threads.  Is this the first time two threads were merged on TOUAMB?  I think so.

I try to be a trendsetter.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 06:40:30 pm »

I'm pretty sure the previous board lacked Mergability. WTG Simple Machines. Way to kick phpBB's ass. If only we could have "Mark Unread" and "Add Poll" buttons.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 07:09:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure the previous board lacked Mergability. WTG Simple Machines. Way to kick phpBB's ass. If only we could have "Mark Unread" and "Add Poll" buttons.

Is the reason 'add poll' isn't at the top due to a limit of 5 buttons? 'add poll' and 'mark unread' are interchanged in the top and bottom right hand button sets.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 12:16:55 am »

I try to be a trendsetter.

He knows he better step up his game because I'm a moderator now.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 03:25:07 am »

He knows he better step up his game because I'm a moderator now.

~Paul

Are you threatening me?

/Beavis
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2006, 04:27:59 am »

I think that this strip raises an important point about the internet.

See, to me the internet is basically good for four things:

1) Porno
2) Research/Communication
3) Looking at images of the disgusting - more specifically things that are usually blurred out in all other media
4) A small category of "other" diversions

When I've enjoyed unfettered access in my own private home, after years of access at work, the two things I went totally wild for where 1 & 3, and often the two merge together a la www.consumtionjuction.com.  A few days ago, my SO was revelling in number 3, specifically in a site about people who fetishize overeating to scary extremes, and he really really wanted to show me, and it was very much like the strip.  I didn't want to come over, but he so earnestly wanted to show me the picture of the guy who gets his pleasure by eating multiple buckets of chicken.  See, I've grown weary of the disgusting - I'm not any more or less grossed out by it, but I no longer have that urge to look at the sick side of things.  Or do I?  See, just writting this makes me want to pay a visit to www.rotten.com.

Whatever.

It's internet malaise - you can look at images of whatever you like - if you can be bothered to try, but I'm not sure if I can be bothered....

...Oh! Celebrity death morgue!  Cool!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Shii

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2006, 04:57:13 am »

Yesterday I stumbled upon goatse and I laughed. It was just so quaint!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2006, 01:33:57 pm »

Is it even possible to 'stumble' across goatse anymore? Don't they give you a big warning about that and tubgirl when you sign up with your isp these days?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2006, 06:06:45 pm »

More merging of side_show's 1 & 3: pornornot.net.  This site was created by a friend of a friend; the objective is to rate images on the site as to whether they are pornographic or not -- hence the site name.

And this is my favourite image of all.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 06:40:25 pm »

And this is my favourite image of all.

Um.

How would Carolus Linnaeus classify that particular fetish, I wonder?
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 09:25:25 pm »

This is the correct thread title.  Even though I never read the Da Vinci code, so I don't know if it makes any particular sense.
The novel begins with a man who has just been shot in the guts Nice Pete-ing himself with a knife in order to create a puzzle about as interesting as a weekday newspaper jumble.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 10:22:38 pm »

The novel begins with a man who has just been shot in the guts Nice Pete-ing himself with a knife in order to create a puzzle about as interesting as a weekday newspaper jumble.

Ah, education.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2006, 12:03:54 am »

More merging of side_show's 1 & 3: pornornot.net.  This site was created by a friend of a friend; the objective is to rate images on the site as to whether they are pornographic or not -- hence the site name.

And this is my favourite image of all.

I love this concept, because if there's one thing the Internet has given the world, it's fetish pornography so obscure, weird, or poorly-executed that you have no idea whether anyone would actually be sexually attracted to it. Thank God we have something to unobscure these things!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Jan. 10, 2006 - How the Da Vinci Code came into being
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2006, 01:36:03 pm »

Mom? Dad? is that you?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up