Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meta-Wankery  (Read 2635 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Meta-Wankery
« on: January 10, 2006, 06:09:03 pm »

So I got bored and started hunting about the board, prodding it if you will, when I discovered an absolute horror.

What exactly does it mean when you've had more uptime than the administrator himself?!

Good gravy on a goose-egg.. I need to get out more; or leave my browser open less.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 06:15:14 pm »

How do you think I feel, with CortJstr always nipping at my post count heels?

Sometimes I have to reply to meta-wankery just to keep up.

Anyway, being at the top of any of these stats is nothing of which to be proud, since it means you are wasting your life.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 06:16:56 pm »

Oh I'm not proud, just horrified mostly.  To be fair a lot of that time the browser window is in the background.

As to wasting lives I wasn't doing all that much with it anyway, just you know, basic things.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 06:33:50 pm »

How do you think I feel, with CortJstr always nipping at my post count heels?

Sometimes I have to reply to meta-wankery just to keep up.

Anyway, being at the top of any of these stats is nothing of which to be proud, since it means you are wasting your life.

Now I have to reply to this just to post-whore. Or maybe I need more to do at work.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 07:03:43 pm »

Cort, we should disarm right now, otherwise I'll just have to keep replying to every one of your damn posts just to maintain equilibrium.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 07:48:14 pm »

Holy &$#!, I am fifth in time spent.

How does it count?  It can't possibly mean time that the browser window is open.  I almost never close the browser window.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 09:12:42 pm »

I have no idea how they measure time spent, but I know I've gotten a little paranoid about it: all closing the window right after I'm done, all making my posts shorter...

I think I'm wasting my life.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 09:15:49 pm »

I think that if we are looking for opportunities foe self-improvement, there are probably better approaches than obsessing about time spent on this message board. But I suppose it could be a nice incremental step and that's what behavior change is all about.

I'm a little confused about what Meta-Wankery would be, though. Literally, wouldn't that work out to something like masturbating while fantasizing about masturbating?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 09:38:18 pm »

Meta meaning a board post about the board.

Wankery meaning something self indulgent.

I'm into education now.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 09:59:27 pm »

I think subconsciously you meant the other thing.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 11:21:48 pm »

I think subconsciously you meant the other thing.

Clearly, yes.  That's all he does.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 11:27:33 pm »

Yes you're clearly both right.  I masturbate to movies of me masturbating; that's secretly something I wanted to tell the WHOLE INTERNET.

Also I masturbate while crying using the tears as lube. 

And I masturbate using tiny socks with ruffles on them.

And I masturbate to make Baby jesus cry; I taunt him the whole time.. all stroking and shouting "Whaddaya gonna do baby jesus?  cry?  CRY LIKE A BABY?!"

Seriously, you guys don't want to go down this road with me.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 11:43:03 pm »

Yes you're clearly both right.  I masturbate to movies of me masturbating; that's secretly something I wanted to tell the WHOLE INTERNET.

Also I masturbate while crying using the tears as lube. 

And I masturbate using tiny socks with ruffles on them.

And I masturbate to make Baby jesus cry; I taunt him the whole time.. all stroking and shouting "Whaddaya gonna do baby jesus?  cry?  CRY LIKE A BABY?!"

Seriously, you guys don't want to go down this road with me.

But can you self-blumpkin? Because if not I don't there that there's really anything to discuss
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 11:46:10 pm »

Look, I can Cleveland Steamer your mom till the cows come home (and they will come home.. they will!), and in the book of Q that is truly the limit.

By the way how IS your mother?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 12:15:58 am by V-Adore »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Wankery
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 03:25:09 am »

Yeah leaving the browser open while I am doing something else, that's the ticket.

I am number three topic starter, that's pretty cool.  I'm nipping right on your heels AW.  I was once in a band called Instigator.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up