Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jough  (Read 2331 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
jough
« on: January 13, 2006, 08:47:10 am »

look, i'm sorry for inadvertently breaking the topic-starting rules. but i really don't think i or anybody else deserve to called "morons" just for that. i just want to be able to talk about achewood with some cool people in a nice friendly environment, and i think it would help if you would lighten up a little  ;).
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: jough
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 08:49:39 am »

It would make more sense for you to toughen up. And I say this in the most sincerest way possible.

Read the rest of the board and understand the environment your voluntarily submitting to. Then choose to stay or not. Good of you to apologize and all, but just go with the flow and you'll do just fine.
Logged

rumpy doppelganger

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 69
  • drang
    • View Profile
Re: jough
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 09:05:35 am »

Look, I'm Sorry - 13 January 2006
Logged
These kids are the next generation of superstars loaded with bags of crazy tricks. Watch while they ride tasty waves and catch big air just like the pros, it'll make your jaw drop! Kids Who Rip invit

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: jough
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 09:33:33 am »

Actually, Noah, I think you at least got the date right.

I had to delete the accounts of two other people who seemed to sign up just to post nothing for today's strip.  So Noah, I wasn't talking to you when I referred to the "morons" who registered and posted new threads here just to be morons.

And Rumpy - well, I don't know what to say to you - you didn't know what YEAR it was. ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 10:34:55 am by jough »
Logged

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: jough
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 10:25:14 am »

It would make more sense for you to toughen up.

Noah, don't fall for that, he's just tricking you. Toughening up will take you nowhere (the disappearance of this post ina coupla minutes will demonstrate that).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 10:31:37 am by yu-huang »
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: jough
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 05:49:15 pm »

Noah, don't fall for that, he's just tricking you. Toughening up will take you nowhere (the disappearance of this post ina coupla minutes will demonstrate that).

Actually, AlohaDawg is not the trickstering type.  Toughening up is an excellent suggestion, as is reading enough of the posts here to figure out what is and isn't cool with the rest of the folks here. 

Another suggestion: never take posting etiquette advice from people with a greater negative Dr. Pepper score than you.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: jough
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 05:52:35 pm »

Noah, don't fall for that, he's just tricking you. Toughening up will take you nowhere (the disappearance of this post ina coupla minutes will demonstrate that).

Why is this post still here? we VOTED on this!

(kidding)

Also, Limmo, you missed out on the test of negative cans of Dr Pepper. I can tell you it's a pretty high maximum.

Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: jough
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 06:40:54 pm »

Okay, I don't think this thread needs to stay open anymore. At this point, like Pedro said, we're verging on performance art.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: jough
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 10:20:52 pm »

This is the funniest topic in weeks.  I had to unlock it to flex my new moderating muscle.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: jough
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 12:15:11 am »

Actually, AlohaDawg is not the trickstering type.  Toughening up is an excellent suggestion, as is reading enough of the posts here to figure out what is and isn't cool with the rest of the folks here. 

I can only infer that you mean that standing one's ground against open bullying isn't cool, while abject lip service to the powers-that-be is. If so I have to agree: You're a damn fine cool motherfucker.

Quote
Another suggestion: never take posting etiquette advice from people with a greater negative Dr. Pepper score than you.

A bit fragile, this one. The giving and taking of said cans being at the lowest denominator (and I have to say some people here reach the lowest denominator rather quickly) merely an expression of one's whim, and not a real measure of the quality of the contributions of a member of the board.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: jough
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 12:25:02 am »

Ok now i'm regretting that decision.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up