Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"  (Read 22714 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2006, 05:36:35 am »

paul, dejavroom isn't the one called jough a dick, far as i know. i did. i've called jough a dick before, because i've had problems with him (even mod problems). the thing is, he is. and you know what? big deal. he thinks i'm one too. so, we're past that.

vroomie don't seem like such a bad guy to me, but then, i wasn't in the chat room. i'm just saying.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2006, 05:38:58 am »

Yeah, and if you're going to stay around pick one name or the other.

One to a customer, dude.

Despite the fact you've been given a substantial portion of shit, you must also recognize that you've been dealt a generous portion of slack.  If we didn't like you or give a crap about you and you pulled this kind of annoying bullshit you'd be long gone. Quit pushing it.  You can stay, but you have to take crap like the rest of us.  Quit whining.

Either be funny or be gone.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2006, 05:41:49 am »

Jeez, who hasn't called Jough a dick?

Jough is God's Own Dick.  He's the dick we all want to be.

You got to do hella more than call Jough a dick to get banninated. 

Bad puns will generally get you there.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2006, 06:06:36 am »

Jough is God's Own Dick.  He's the dick we all want to be.

You mean like the pecker on that 600' Jesus that Oral Roberts talked to that time?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2006, 09:53:47 am »

I intentionally lost the keys to yu-huang, so delete that profile, not this one, please.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2006, 02:55:32 pm »

Hey boys, can you, like, clear something up for me?  Why is it an insult to call a man a dick?  Of all my experiences with boys and men, they have all seem to exist on a gradiated scale from "liking" their dicks, to "really liking" their dicks, to "loving" their dicks.  So why is it an insult to call someone a dick?  I wonder how and why "being a dick" became an insult in the English language.  Don't you boys like your dicks?   I've never seen any sentiment to counter this, though I know Bozack has had some issues with his testicles...  Wouldn't then, the transition from having a dick, to being called entirely "a dick" be a good thing?  Why oh why isn't this so?

Anyway, I had no idea that yu-huang and dejavroom were the same person, so now I feel like a big pu$$y (whose pu$$y?  Gina's pu$$y!).  That said, it seems the dejavroom understands that to not love the jough is to not love the board, so come on folks, let's stop tonguing the sore in our mouths and get on with talking about barbed c*ckes.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2006, 03:00:26 pm »

Yeah well likewise it is an insult to call a lady a bad word referring to her private parts.  So it's not just guys.

Academics who ponder these things have some story about this, I think.  But they weren't my kind of linguists and I'm too hung over to even remember stuff I actually knew, so I don't have a clue what the story was.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2006, 05:07:36 pm »

Yeah well likewise it is an insult to call a lady a bad word referring to her private parts.  So it's not just guys.

Is this true?  I can't think of an example of this.  A woman might get upset if you imply she is promiscuous, slut, ho, etc.  But the only insult i've found will really piss a woman off is if you call her a bitch.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2006, 05:16:13 pm »



Is this true?  I can't think of an example of this.  A woman might get upset if you imply she is promiscuous, slut, ho, etc.  But the only insult i've found will really piss a woman off is if you call her a bitch.

~Paul

cunt
Most women I know not only hate being called a cunt but they generally just hate hearing this word. I know my girlfriend hates it if someone says cunt, even in a non mean way. To her it's just a gross word for such a great thing.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2006, 05:25:53 pm »

Oh yeah, shit you are right, I forgot that one.  Women definitely don't like being called a cunt.  I know this from personal experience (as a witness).  Call a woman a cunt and prepare for violence.  Thank you Hobo Free for recalling that hillarious (because it happened to someone else) memory.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2006, 05:53:25 pm »

And everyone just loves being called a pussy.  No, that's not an insult at all. 

However, you can call man a pussy, but you don't really hear women being called dicks.  What's up with that?  You pussies  too pussy-footed to call us chicks dicks?  WTF?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2006, 06:03:24 pm »

I just sort of figured that was because 'pussy' as an insult derived from the cat rather than the Business. This is supported by "pussyfooting", which makes more sense as "treading as lightly as a cat due to fear" than "walking as if your feet were genitalia".
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2006, 06:07:31 pm »

"pussy" as an insult derives, I think, from declaring a man has no masculinity.

For the sake of inclusiveness, maybe  I'll just call people "asshole". It works both ways and I like and appreciate my dick and pussies in general, so where is the insult there?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2006, 06:16:17 pm »

"pussy" as an insult derives, I think, from declaring a man has no masculinity.

Exactly. Like Lyle asking Mr. Bear where he keeps his purse.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2006, 07:02:14 pm »

Oh yeah, shit you are right, I forgot that one.

Paul gets a Tiny Can for being such a gentleman.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up