Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"  (Read 22759 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2006, 12:10:58 am »

Now that I hear it from all sides, *I* had no idea there was an issue.  Unfortunately, owing to the right hemisphere of my brain being occupied with moving my left hand and whatnot, I have not ever had the time to come up with a newer, wittier nickname.  Unfortunately, this has hindered me in more ways than one, apparently - your confusion as to the meaning and pronunciation of my current name, and my inability to think of a new domain name after that film-producing ASSCLOWN stole my rightful property.

Also, some other jackass with my name stole alexcox.net, which was my clear second choice.

I guess I'll have to change priorities on this matter, now that I know there's so much public confusion about it.  Good thing I've got time.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2006, 12:14:37 am »

Change your name!  Change your name!

I always assumed it was a-cox-kay.  Never thought there was an issue.

While I never considered myself dyslexic, I find that I always want to transpose the c and the x, making axocae (AX-o-kay).

This information is of no use to anyone.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2006, 12:16:22 am »

While I never considered myself dyslexic, I find that I always want to transpose the c and the x, making axocae (AX-o-kay).

This information is of no use to anyone.

This is an interesting factoid, which I will file away in my brain and recall at such a time when it seems to have importance.

Thank you for this memory.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2006, 02:04:19 am »

Did you just use "assclown" in a sentence? I've never heard that in a non-wrestling context.

Andalucia was shocked (shocked!) when she found out that my name is pronouncable.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2006, 02:06:43 am »

Actually, I used "assclown" in the Office Space sense, as in, "It was OK, until I was about 10, and that no-talent assclown became famous and started winning Grammys."

I had no idea this word was part of the popular Wrestling Parlance.

edit:  I don't know why I have this urge to put apostrophes in things.  I hate it when people misuse them, and consequently, I hate it EVEN MORE when I do it.  And yet, I still do.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 03:50:43 am by acoxcae »
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2006, 02:21:34 am »

I've heard it used by Howard Stern.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2006, 02:23:29 am »

I thought it was a Farkism
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2006, 02:25:11 am »

Yeah maybe that's where I heard it.  Somewhere juvinile at any rate.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2006, 02:25:20 am »

Oh man, it is IMPORTANT that I stop using this word now - I had no idea what connotations it had picked up.  I apologize to everyone who is confused, I meant it solely in the "Damn, Michael Bolton sucks" sense of the word.  I did not mean to connote wrestling, Howard Stern, or any other such cultural medium which may have chosen to adopt this word without my consent.

Man, that word was one of my offbeat favorites, too - nobody ever expects the assclown.

And as far as I know, it was coined originally in Office Space - that was the first I had heard of it, way back in 1999.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2006, 02:29:43 am »

In wrestling Chris Jericho used it all the time. I can't say for sure if he beat Office Space or not. But it's so associated with him that no other wrestler would even think of saying it unless they were actively trying to reference him. Kind of like "pencil necked geek" and "Classy" Freddy Blassie
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2006, 02:41:13 am »

Pencil Neck geek predates any wrestler come lately.  I know of it being a song on Dr. Demento back in the 70's, but it was a common slang way before that even.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2006, 02:52:45 am »

"Classy" Freddy Blassie repeated claimed to have invented the phrase after seeing an actual geek at a carnival with a tiny tiny neck. In fact his autobiography was called Listen, You Pencil Neck Geeks and he recorded the song of which you speak. He started wrestling in '35
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2006, 02:56:53 am »

You know, I'm really tired of seeing this thread title.

I don't have a problem with the actual thread contents, but the title is making me feel persecuted.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2006, 03:01:43 am »

Cort you are totally pulling our legs, yes?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2006, 03:03:49 am »

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up