Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"  (Read 22737 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2006, 03:04:01 am »

"Classy" Freddy Blassie repeated claimed to have invented the phrase after seeing an actual geek at a carnival with a tiny tiny neck. In fact his autobiography was called Listen, You Pencil Neck Geeks and he recorded the song of which you speak. He started wrestling in '35

I stand corrected.  Obviously not a wrestler come lately.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2006, 05:06:06 am »

On the Office Space special edition DVD they said they used "ass clown" because they were afraid of getting sued for calling Bolton an asshole.  I don't know why ass clown is any less likely to spark litigation, but evidently it was an adlib on the day they shot the scene.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2006, 01:33:56 pm »

On the Office Space special edition DVD they said they used "ass clown" because they were afraid of getting sued for calling Bolton an asshole.  I don't know why ass clown is any less likely to spark litigation, but evidently it was an adlib on the day they shot the scene.

Thanks Jough - I feel....vindicated.

Still, wrestling and Stern have ruined future use of this word for me.  I am inconsolable.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2006, 05:24:25 pm »

The only reason to be afraid of that is if somehow, Michael Bolton had sued someone previously for referring to him as an asshole.

Which I think would completely fulfill the requirements for someone to actually be Quite the Asshole.
Logged

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: AugustWest, I object to "reacting poorly"
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2006, 09:29:39 pm »

Rewind to comments past: I am fully aware of what the "e" stands for in acoxcae's screenname. I am also fully aware that if I share it here before Saturday, I may be minus an Alex...or a hand.
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up