Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Board Updates (software geekery inside)  (Read 4373 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« on: September 03, 2003, 07:30:25 am »

Hey Kids,

I just patched this board, bringing it up to 2.0.6 from 2.0.5 and also including a few other security patches and some other mods and fixes.

Anyway, please let me know if something isn't working, especially if it's something that always *used* to work.

And while I'm feeling constructive, feel free to make any feature requests too.  I'm fixin' to bulk this baby up.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 05:08:47 pm »

D'oh!

Yes, that's exactly the kind of thing.

Okay, hang on...

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 06:30:30 pm »

Okay, everything should work now.

I defy you to find problems.  DEFY!

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 10:20:15 pm »

it almost sounds like you coded phpbb yourself!  but hey it's cool to be able to fix it . . .
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 11:44:18 pm »

I coded some of it.  I'm not part of the official team, but I did fix two bugs in the latest release.

And I'm working on a mod to merge threads.

So I'm not above modifying the board to work however I want.  

Let the suggestions roll...

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2003, 12:48:27 am »

Can you include a module that tells us when we need to buy eggs and milk?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2003, 02:59:25 am »

How about a button at the top of the page that takes you to the latest post in that thread.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2003, 03:25:39 am »

You can do that already by clicking on the icon to the right of the poster's name in the thread list.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2003, 03:35:46 am »

Ah ha.  Thank you JL.  I never noticed that.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2003, 03:38:20 am »

After posting on various PHPBB boards for months, I only figured this out about three days ago.  So I'm not all that smart.  I'm just a wise ass.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2003, 04:02:24 am »

What about the little icon to the left of the Thread title that allows you to jump to the newest post that you haven't read?  That has been far more useful to me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2003, 04:03:11 am »

Oooh, I didn't know about that one!  Neat-o!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2003, 08:50:12 am »

Damn, thanks for updating me on the new version of phpbb. Guess I'll have to go patch the work board, although I wasn't having any of the problems I was having on my home server on the hosting, thank god!
Now it's just he relative linking to JScript source files that's playing hell with me. I mean come on, having to have all the HTML files in the root directory!? No no no!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2003, 12:55:14 pm »

Can I just say that the view new posts since last visit thing is AWESOME.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Board Updates (software geekery inside)
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2003, 08:59:25 pm »

I'd like a Mark Unread if possible.

I hate it when I'm at work reading on my break and somebody interrupts me and I have to go do work and come back and it looks like everything is read, except I know I was in the middle of something but can't remember what.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up