Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)  (Read 25240 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 07:41:15 am »

Unless it starts over from scratch, I have to obect to that solution for obvious reasons.

I think it's fine as it is, people need to lighten up a little and understand they, like everything else achewood and TOUAMB are mostly virtual and won't show up on your resume or your CV or transcript or whatever.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 01:50:21 pm »


While my can count is pretty low, I think I have the highest number of given and taken away overall.

This is an interesting accomplishment.  Although it's not like we didn't already know that our fearless leader inspires strong emotions.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 05:14:30 pm »

Ha, -2000 cans means you GO TO THE CORNFIELD!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 07:06:56 pm »

I think it's fine as it is, people need to lighten up a little and understand they, like everything else achewood and TOUAMB are mostly virtual and won't show up on your resume or your CV or transcript or whatever.

Are you SURE?!

I'm surprised I haven't had an anxiety dream yet about someone in a graduate school interview asking me about Interweb activities. "So, we googled your name. Just how much of your adolescence did you spend writing Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanfiction? Let's talk about how you failed your family."
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2006, 07:12:40 pm »

Are you SURE?!

I'm surprised I haven't had an anxiety dream yet about someone in a graduate school interview asking me about Interweb activities. "So, we googled your name. Just how much of your adolescence did you spend writing Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanfiction? Let's talk about how you failed your family."

I google my name every once in a while just to make sure I'm safe.

A few years ago, after I had been unreachable via electronic means for some time, I, well, probably yahooed my name, and this guy that I used to trade bootlegged tapes of live shows with had totally been smearing my name across the tape trading community.  It turns out that some shows I had given my friend to master and tape never got out there, and this guy was pissed.  He was also French, if I remember correctly.  So I contacted him and explained the situation, and sent him the tapes.  He was cool with it, after chastising me and reminding me of the sacred trust that exists between tape traders.

That shit's so much easier now with torrent trading.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2006, 09:15:15 pm »

He was cool with it, after chastising me and reminding me of the sacred trust that exists between tape traders.

I like to think that this trust is codified in a book bound in human skin.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2006, 11:22:17 am »

This is the best damn dream in the world.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 05:52:45 am »

I had a dream once...and then I woke up in County.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 05:56:15 am »

Speaking of having a dream, is it wrong of me to not give a shit that MLK's widow died today?

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 06:16:24 am »

Not particularly.


Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 06:29:35 am »

I didn't particularly because:

a) What did she ever do on her own? and ...

b) She was pushing 80.

Not that I was happy she passed, but she lived a reasonably long life.  We all die. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 02:41:37 pm »

Oh, it's not like I'm breaking out the maracas here and having a fiesta because she's dead, but I still watch the news and wonder why they're making a big fuss about someone who was just married to someone great.  Government buildings are supposed to be flying their flag at half-mast today in her honour.  WTF?

Also, spell check did not want to correct WTF. It knows WTF.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2006, 02:43:41 pm »

Speaking of the half-mast issue - is there some kind of website that says whether your flag should be at half-mast or not, and why?  Just curious, because it seems like all the people with flags know, and I have no idea - I'll see a flag at half-mast, and start wondering who died or whatever.  There ought to be a site.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2006, 02:57:48 pm »

Also, spell check did not want to correct WTF. It knows WTF.

This makes me ridiculously happy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2006, 03:01:48 pm »

The flag code specifies people that have mandatory lowerings and for how long (like former presidents) but the President can also order the honor at all gov't buildings for any person s/he deems worthy. Much like how the pres. can order a state funeral for those not legally entitled to one (Renquist's family was offered this but declined, for example).

But an individual person/company can lower their flags for anybody they choose to. Like fire depts do for their own fallen.

I'm guessing that the spell checker will ignore anything that looks like an acronym but as it seems to hate the Tabbrowser extension I can't say for sure.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up