Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)  (Read 25197 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2006, 08:27:01 pm »

I know the President can do stuff like that, such as with Patriot Day which I believe has to be re-proclaimed every year.

(scoff) I know they won all those Super Bowls, but if he's gonna do it for one team, he should do it for all of them is what I'm saying.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2006, 10:19:05 pm »

I know the President can do stuff like that, such as with Patriot Day which I believe has to be re-proclaimed every year.

Come for the discussions of alive stuffed animals, stay for the civics lessons.

Education!
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2006, 09:36:14 pm »

Let's talk more about dreams.
The night before last, I had a dream in which I was being chased by these hideous wolf-dog-slug things, which kept attacking me. Finally, I realized that the beasts were not real; I had simply gone insane and was imagining them. So now, instead of facing dismemberment by wolf things, I was insane. Then a  foreign man in an elevator called me a pussy, and I hulked out and beat his head against the wall. I then woke up, and it took me 20 minutes to stop my brain from gibbering.
Last night, I dreampt that the creepy Tall Man from Phantasm (a movie I have not even SEEN) was chasing me around, again, trying to dismember and kill me.
I think I need more therapy.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2006, 10:36:29 pm »

Last night, I dreampt that the creepy Tall Man from Phantasm (a movie I have not even SEEN) was chasing me around, again, trying to dismember and kill me.
I think I need more therapy.

i watched a man get that man tattooed onto his leg.

in this matter i am not shitting you.

he does not own a cd player, but apparently he really likes that movie.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2006, 10:51:54 pm »

Wouldn't he just send the little spiky ball thingy flying around to kill you?
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2006, 10:54:37 pm »

Wouldn't he just send the little spiky ball thingy flying around to kill you?

i think so.

i have not seen the movies.

that might explain some of my flabbergastation at seeing man have that man tattooed upon his very flesh.

note- i have a tattoo, of a fictional, cartoon cat smoking a fictional man's pipe while flipping the bird to mythical demons [not pictured: supposed to be interpreted, may be intrerpreted incorrectly, sigh.], so i'm not amazed at the "getting ink" so much as the subject matter, which again, who am i to talk, but,
dude,
what the fuck?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2006, 10:55:03 pm »

I haven't even seen the film. I have seen the action figure of the Tall Man a bunch of times. How weird is that- I had a nightmare about a character I knew only as an action figure called "The Tall Man."
I can only hope that the next action figure that works its way into my fantasy world is this one.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2006, 11:08:02 pm »

I can only hope that the next action figure that works its way into my fantasy world is this one.

Especially if it approaches you JUST LIKE THAT, with the other four heads floating beside it.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2006, 03:14:45 am »

I have not seen (all of) Phantasm.  But I have seen Phantasm II.  By far the most entertaining thing about Phantasm II is the credits.  Viz:

PHANTASM II

Executive Producer:  Donald A. Coscarelli

Produced by: Don A. Coscarelli

Co-Producer:  D.A. Coscarelli

Written by:  D. Anthony Coscarelli

Gaffer: Donald "Don" Coscarelli

Best Boy: Donnie Coscarelli

Catering: Eats by Don

Legal Services: Coscarelli & Coscarelli PLLC

Financed by: The Coscarelli Group

A Coscarelli Studios Production

DONALD ANTHONY COSCARELLI -- Director

It was great.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2006, 05:15:20 am »

note- i have a tattoo, of a fictional, cartoon cat smoking a fictional man's pipe while flipping the bird to mythical demons [not pictured: supposed to be interpreted, may be intrerpreted incorrectly, sigh.]

I think a photographic evidence of this tattoo is called for in this case.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2006, 02:31:13 am »

I went to see Phantasm II when it was in theaters.  I made out with my girlfriend for the whole movie though, so I don't remember shit about it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2006, 12:02:22 pm »

Last night I had a dream that Wikipedia, in order to stop the abuse and misinformation of its database, started employing "Chroniclers" whose job it was to run around the world collecting info but never interfering or getting noticed.

Only men were allowed and they all had to have their vocal chords and genitals removed so that interaction beyond typing was moot.

I saw one walking by my apartment building and because he was noticed he pulled a gun and shot himself as rivlets of crimson ran through to the gutter.  As I went inside I noticed another Chronicler across the street typing up the event on a wireless laptop. 

I think I need to start eating better or something.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2006, 12:40:56 pm »

That is the greatest internet related dream ever.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2006, 03:05:22 pm »

I think I need to start eating better or something.

What, so you can stop having dreams like this?  Is you crazy?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2006, 03:14:14 pm »


Only men were allowed and they all had to have their vocal chords and genitals removed so that interaction beyond typing was moot.



This is so perfect.

I agree with Miles. Don't change a thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up