I still stand by my statement that there's nothing more boring than another person's dreams, but as I haven't written anything of substance in a bit of a while and I need to write this one down I'll make an exception and bore the shit out of all of you.
Last night I dreamed that I was in a band called The Rather Dappers. (With that name I really wish we were a rap group, but I digress.) There was upwards of 20 people in this ensemble and we all wore vintage Victorian/Edwardian attire. 3 of the guys played saws. As I sat in our dressing room waiting to go on stage for a performance, my friend Brian (who was in the band of course) burst into the room.
"Look at this!" he shouted throwing a Billboard magazine down. I looked and at the top was "Consumption Blues (Milady's got em)" by The Rather Dappers. We laughed and high fived one another, which looked rather strange since we were both wearing tight frock coats. I flipped on the TV idly and oddly enough a talk show was on featuring parents complaining about the image we were giving their teens.
A woman was talking in a thick fakey Irish accent for some reason. She said, "I mean, me daughter's spendin' all ur money on snuffboxes and brooches! 'Sinuff to drive me ma'!"
As I wondered how we were going to spin this one Brian burst through the door again. "I've lost my cufflinks!"
The next 10 minutes were spent frantically trying to find them. I remember we were concerned we'd never make it to the stage in time.
There wasn't really a solid punch out ending to this though, I just woke up. Sometimes my brain disappoints me like that.