Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)  (Read 25225 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2006, 12:27:43 am »

sorry, Q. I found it humorous that apparently my subconscious thinks of my mum as someone who will cheerfully fuck things up.

I guess it just isn't weird enough for you, you little shit.

Hey hey.. it is alright..  I am a downtown man.. things from your whitebread world just aren't going to be the same y'know?


:P
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2006, 12:41:14 am »

I spelled weird right, and then I used the insult that you used to call me! did you get that part?

I am always worried that people will think I am trying to be mean/angry for real, instead of realizing that I am just kidding around. I do not actually get that worked up about things. on the internet.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2006, 12:45:20 am »

No.. I got it.. yes.. it was very good.  It was a perfect.. response!

man.. it's like training a puppy or something.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2006, 03:34:36 am »

You two should get married and have each others' retarded babies.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2006, 03:53:08 am »

some batshitinsane monkey-jennifer grey-beej shit

I'd never been so afraid of Q until he started talking about training puppies.

Man, I've done that. Exactly.





(btw: Jennifer Grey was also in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and later had rhinoplasty that rendered her unrecognizable.  Education.)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2006, 01:00:53 pm »

So, since this thread has been officially awoken from the dead, I will share the tale of my morning.

I woke up at 6:30, knowing that I would actually have to get up in twenty minutes.  I then proceeded to go back to sleep.  My alarm went off at 6:50, and I turned it off more or less promptly, thinking that I had sufficiently awoken.  Much to my suprise and chagrin, I later heard my dad calling my name, as if through a heavy fog of muffled sound.  It was after 7:30, and I was very late.    I could hear him calling my name, but I couldn't do anything about it.  My dad told me later that he had a very hard time rousing me, that he had to say my name many times before I responded with a mighty, bodily twitch, and awoke with a start.  I think he must have interrupted REM sleep, or something.

I am still not awake, as evidenced by this criminally boring post.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2006, 05:01:35 pm »

man, Hobot, I am surprised at you, talking about your chagrin out in public like this. didn't your mama teach you no manners?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2006, 06:15:50 pm »

Another anxiety dream last night... though I don't really remember it.  Earlier last night, when I was still awake and reading ("American Psycho" is, FYI, not good bedtime reading) my SO was lying next to me, and he actually started jazz scatting in his sleep, then singing... then mumbling into silence. It was pretty awesome.  As always, I'm sure he wont remember it, but I will tell him.

The anxiety dreams actually have nothing to do with my trip to Indonesia, and everything to do with me being in the final moments of re-writing my play and knowing that there are a couple of "moments" that don't work but can't be cut... I told the artistic director that I'd have what I hoped would be the last draft of the script into her by the end of the month.  I've written myself into a corner and have spent days trying to find a solution.  Turns out that there is no way out, so I will just spruce up the shitty transition moments with fancy things for the actors to do to distract from the crap-ness of this.  I now know that this is definitely not the last draft... but... I don't know.  I just want to be done with it at this point.  I wish my desk was in some dank basement, not next to a sunny and lovely view of the summer.  I basically feel that I am missing out on "real" life when I'm writing.

Also, I had a double nose bleed this morning.  Stupid air conditioning.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2006, 06:19:02 pm »

("American Psycho" is, FYI, not good bedtime reading) my SO was lying next to me, and he actually

GODDAMMIT! What is it with people and this book suddenly?  You are the 4th person TODAY I have heard about with this book.  The last one was a coworker who asked if she should check it out.  (She always comes to me with book recommendations for some reason.. I am like the last stop on the way to her reading list.)

I said, "Well sure, if you want to read J.G. Ballard but without any substance whatsoever, yeah go ahead."

Seriously though, what is it?  Are they making ANOTHER movie out of it or something?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2006, 06:19:19 pm »

You bled from two noses?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2006, 06:31:10 pm »

man, I get nosebleeds all the time. they suck.

also: Lewis Black said that anyone who says they enjoy the writing process is insane. he said that he basically has to lock himself in a room for long enough that he just hates himself for wasting so much time by procrastinating.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2006, 08:02:53 pm »

Yeah, the writing process is painful and unpleasant.  I think most writers like having things that they have written, but do not necessarily like writing them.

It's like if you enjoy eating good food, you may or may not enjoy cooking it.

Or if you like a clean room, you may not want to actually clean it yourself, but you are happy when it is done.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2006, 08:21:27 pm »

I enjoy writing.  Why do people write if it is painful? I have always wondered about this. There are many other jobs you could do.  If you just like to read things, you can always read things other people have written, just like you can eat meals other people have cooked.

Of course 'writing' and 'needing to rewrite something by a deadline because someone is waiting for it' are different things so I do not mean this as a comment on sideshow's original post.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2006, 09:02:11 pm »

jough-- the update of the situation is that I am going to Man Up and clean my room. damn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2006, 09:32:29 pm »

I wonder what your mom would have said if you paid someone else to clean your room, perhaps while you were out visiting with your girl.

"Okay, I'm outtahere.  Maria here is going to clean my room while I'm gone. She doesn't speak English, so just whack her with this stick if you need to communicate with her."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up